S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with an air over the axle set up with the bag mounts welded to the side of the notch is it nececery to weld a bridge across the notches for extra support. Will it be ok with out it.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
go with a bridge, even if its one piece of tubing, itll keep the frame from spreading over time.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Wouldn't also keep the upper bag brackets from bending up since you could also weld them to the bridge?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
you can weld them to the bridge bar ...but its not nec..ive seen it without ...but I dont see why it wouldnt hurt

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info!!!! Its an 89 fullsize I was just worried that without the bridge bar that the notch would start to bend outward or the braket would start to bend up after a while. I was kind of noticing that it looks like its bending outward alittle bit but i might be tripping.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
well you are putting tension and pressure on the metal ...thats why avtekk said to put it on ...its more like a ...better safe than sorry idea ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
yea for my shock bar that I just got for the 3 Link its 1.5" and its 3/16" thich ...just cut it to size ...GL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts