S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what is going on. I left work to day and about 5 miles from there I felt an odd shutter. I thought to myself “that is odd” and looked in the review mirror just to make sure that I didn’t just run something over (not that lucky). So I turned off the radio and I waited, about a half mile later it did it again. This time I could hear it and feel it, the only way that I can describe it is almost as if tires were just about to lock up but then didn’t. It continued to do this until I was able to exit the freeway about 3 to 4 miles down the road and then stopped. I was doing about 65 the first time it happened and then about 55 the rest of the times. I thought that maybe some how it wasn’t fully in gear so I switched it into neutral and then back into gear and it still continued to do this. Once I got home I tried to think what it could be and then wanted to see if I could get it to do it again and of course it wouldn’t. It is a 2003 4x4 and is an automatic. If any one has ever experienced this, have any ideas or suggestions I would be greatly appreciative.

·
2,679 Posts
UJoints? Wheel bearings? CV Joints?
Was it in 4WD?

·
Registered Abuser
10,184 Posts
this is going to sound weird, but i figured i'd throw the idea out there just in case, i have an '03 4x4 auto and was experiencing the same thing basically,i was going about the same speed and it happened about like what you're describing, turns out when i was cleaning my k&n i left the MAF sensor unplugged and it was randomly misfiring because of that, it felt like it was coming from the tranny back because of the way it jerked, but it was that sensor i left unplugged.

hope this helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is going to sound weird, but i figured i'd throw the idea out there just in case, i have an '03 4x4 auto and was experiencing the same thing basically,i was going about the same speed and it happened about like what you're describing, turns out when i was cleaning my k&n i left the MAF sensor unplugged and it was randomly misfiring because of that, it felt like it was coming from the tranny back because of the way it jerked, but it was that sensor i left unplugged.

hope this helps
I will check that tonight, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts