S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so lets say i was going to find a new ground for my raido cause it was making a buzzing noise. i just happened to to take off the pass side kick panle and i saw a nice spot for a ground but but i didnt know it was the 4x4 computer. would i have messed something up cause since then my service 4wd light has been on and it goes into 4wd by its self now and its a huge pain in the ass to get it out. i check the one fuse by the driver side door and it was fine and ive pulled out the 4x4 stwich unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing its such a head ache. oh yea btw its a 00 gmc jimmy/envoy

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
trye resetting your computer

·
Registered
51 Posts
so lets say i was going to find a new ground for my raido cause it was making a buzzing noise. i just happened to to take off the pass side kick panle and i saw a nice spot for a ground but but i didnt know it was the 4x4 computer. would i have messed something up cause since then my service 4wd light has been on and it goes into 4wd by its self now and its a huge pain in the ass to get it out. i check the one fuse by the driver side door and it was fine and ive pulled out the 4x4 stwich unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing its such a head ache. oh yea btw its a 00 gmc jimmy/envoy

thanks for all the help

Yep try unhook your pos battery cable for a few minites.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did that for 8 hrs when i was at work the next day and the 1st light on my dash to light up was the service 4wd light

what are the rreasons the service 4wd light comes on anyways

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
in this case prob cuz you fried something

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i think i fried something. i just want to know how to find out if i did or not. can i grab any computer out of any 96 + truck?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i would think everything has to be the same like motor trans fuel injection tranny everything like that

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i have a 00 4.3 envoy so as long as i grab the comp out of a newwer jimmy/blazer ill be ok?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
should be aslong as its all the same dont quote me on that though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts