S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my front is not laying out all the way. I have my front end off right now because we are body dropping it, so I know it is not hitting the wheel wells. My control arms are not hitting the frame at all. I looked the my cups and it looks like my airbags are fully deflated. Do you think my cups are too big? I have Jason's cups on !8" wheels with 40 profile tires and Slam bags. My front frame is about 1/2 to 3/4 off the ground still. Should I just cut out about and 1" out of the bottom cup?

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
You got drop spindles? That may be a problem. Maybe post some pics - it's hard to tell with the description you left. Did you mount shocks? Maybe you mounted them funny and they are holding it up? Did you remove the bump stops from the control arms?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Man... all j00 guys sayin 'I got a 40 series' tire!!!!

It really doesn't do us any good if you don't give the full size, because its all important in determining the size. The '40' is only the percentage of the width that makes up the sidewall, so sayin u got a 40's series tire, tells us u got 40%........... OF WHAT!!!!! :p :p

Back to the issue at hand... what is the full tire size, and also p0rk's question, do you have drop spindles.

Did you check the far inside of the control arms right under the frame to make sure the hump on the far inside of the control arm wasn't hitting the frame?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Also... don't cut the bottom cup, because then the bag will rub the control arm like a bitch. If anything, just chop .5" outta the upper cup... if it comes to that.... .5" at cup = 1" at tire.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Is the tie rod hitting the frame? How about the inside of the lower control arm liek slammed said? I doubt the cups are too tall, SD cups should only be 2" high and Ive layd 27" tires out with 2" cups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts