S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 95 S10 LS in all it's dirty glory!
I have Jason's front bag kit with 2b6s, and 1/2" line 1/2" fills 3/8"dumps . . . you guys know the gist of it i'm sure.
I was running Eagle alloys 17" 206s but they were just not my style so i traded them for a set of new zq8s.
Well here's the pics . . . ENJOY :D

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Hey man looking good. You have pretty good speed from it to with just the 145 psi switch. It is almost as fast as mine at 175 psi. I just noticed your lift. If that full lift? I would think you should have more lift from that setup. I like the new zq8's. I want some too to replace my Boyds. But I want the old style zq8's. How tall is your tire hieght now? Are you laying on the wheel wells with the new wheel/tire combo or do you still have enough room to do the notch and lay all the way out in the front?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That pic is not at full lift, I just hit the switch and the compressor kicked in and I didn't decide to wait till it filled up the pressure.
If you're looking for zq8s old style greg (sputnikova) is selling his to get boyds just like yours. with the tires he had on the wheels they rest on the fenderwells when i air it out so if i notch the LCA it won't go any lower. I'll be moving up to 225/45 soon and that should help.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
owningmonkey said:
replace boyds? WHAT??
I have always beat and bent the hell out of all of my aftermarket wheels (boyds,centerlines,eagle alloys) that I have had on this truck alone. I just want to put some stock zq8's on it for now until I decide what I will go with next.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
That pic is not at full lift, I just hit the switch and the compressor kicked in and I didn't decide to wait till it filled up the pressure.
If you're looking for zq8s old style greg (sputnikova) is selling his to get boyds just like yours. with the tires he had on the wheels they rest on the fenderwells when i air it out so if i notch the LCA it won't go any lower. I'll be moving up to 225/45 soon and that should help.
Well you can go ahead and get the notch out of the way and then you would be ready when you get the smaller tires. I figured you could not have been at full lift. I was just wondering.

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Truck looks sweet man!
How do you like the 1/2 fills? Im still debating, I got 4 3/8's already, just cant decide the other 4 I want. Thanks man!

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The red truck is Tj's 95. it's dropped 4/5 running on stock 15"s and before everyone gets their panties wet about the paintjob . . Don't cause it's vinyl courtesy of Synthetic Designs!

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wagonproject said:
Truck looks sweet man!
How do you like the 1/2 fills? Im still debating, I got 4 3/8's already, just cant decide the other 4 I want. Thanks man!
Those 1/2" fills are Fast as hell man. you hit the switch and you're in the nosebleed section. I have to air it down everytime no matter how soft I touch the switches. If you have 3/8" already just run 1/2" line and it will be plenty fast I guarantee you that.

Carbon Copy said:
i love those tailights but i would love to see that red truck even more
Well those taillight are nothing but stock tailights masked with tape, painted with cheap $.99 walmart rattle can paint and several coats of polyeurethane, then remove the tape and you have flames! Cheaper than buying aftermarket tails that can get stolen in a matter of seconds. Oh and red truck pic up top dude!

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BunjeSS said:
how much are u dropped in the back? looks real nice
Right now i have a 3" block and a leaf removed. Soon to install a 4" block and monoleaf it on air shocks as a temporaty setup.

And the old chevrolet badge i got from my buddy tj (the red s10) he bought them at a swap meet and gave them to me. they were chrome but it was all crappy looking so i took the dremel to them and sprayed them with gunmetal paint.

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Damn truck looks sweet!! Now I know how mine would look bagged in the front :D

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YellowNoma said:
Both trucks look good, black one needs clears!
Might switch to blazer composites so i'm saving my money. I had a set and sold it but the dude never paid me so i was forced to go back to ambers.

futuresweets10 said:
I like it, get some bigger rims

I hope you're kidding! I mentioned up at the top that i traded my 17" eagles for those new zq8s. Much better wheel and a lot easier to maintain. maybe someday i'll have some boyds timeless 2s but for now the zq8s are perfect. they're what i've been wanting for the past 2 years.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts