Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 2.2, 93k, 5spd

things i have replaced:
plugs, wires, fuel filter
fuel injection cleaning
installed k&n filter.

when i put the fuel guage on, turn the key to the on position, motor not running, the pump will come on, and the pressure is in the proper range. however, if i leave the key on and wait 5-10 minutes, the pressure will have dropped 5-10 psi. isnt the pressure supposed to hold the same, when the key is on(motor not running)? i am having a problem getting the truck to start at times. it sporadically will need to crank for long periods of time(5 to 7 seconds), and then it starts and runs fine. i am pretty sure the pressure is not holding. any help is appreciated.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
If you don't smell gas anywhere or see it leaking externally, one of your injectors is probably leaking into the intake manifold.

·
DRAG IT BITCHES!
108 Posts
EachDawnIDie said:
If you don't smell gas anywhere or see it leaking externally, one of your injectors is probably leaking into the intake manifold.
that ooooooooooooooooor the fuel pressure regulator is allowing it to leak down too. that is a very comon problem on the 3.8L firebirds and camaros.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
True that, true that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this problem with my S-10. It was the regulator located in the pump. I could not buy just that part though. I had to buy the whole pump. I don't remember how much it cost but it hurt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts