S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Yup, yup this is the Barstow Bomber. It has been sitting for almost 2 years. 1 being the tranny shit D & 3rd. it wasn't the shift solenoids. I do have a new (4l60E) tranny to put in it. Ok, so my question is, it isn't getting fuel to the engine. New fuel pump x6 years, yes, I hear that famous Chevy/S10 whine of the fuel pump when you turn the key. I just put a fuel filter on it. There is fuel getting to and from the fuel filter. It has a half a tank. I was starting it religiously every week or so. So could it be the fuel pressure regulator? It runs with starting fluid but stops right after it dissipates. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2001 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4, 4.3L automatic
147 Posts
I’m still fairly low on the learning curve. Does it have throttle body FI? Is the injector releasing fuel? Electrical problem at the injector?

·
Been there Done it
13,194 Posts
You need to do a fuel pressure test and provide some actual numbers for the pressure.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m still fairly low on the learning curve. Does it have throttle body FI? Is the injector releasing fuel? Electrical problem at the injector?
Yes It is a stock 4.3. So maybe you are right. I will check it. Thanks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,235 Posts
Here's a sticky for checking fuel pressure...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a sticky for checking fuel pressure...

Thanks Buddy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts