S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a tech question but not about an S10 so i posted it in off-topic. my uncle has built up a 66 chevelle with a 502 BBC putting out about 520HP. anyways he has champion spark plugs and moroso plug wires with the straight boots. he has a weird problem of lately when he starts the motor up like one or a few plug wires will just blow off the spark plugs, like something pushes them off or something, i dont mean just make them loose, they come completely off. and its different ones, not the same ones everytime. what could it be? the only thing we could think of is maybe the compression is pushing air up thru the plug into the plug wire boot and building up pressure and blowing it off but thats not likely and his engine has about the same compression as stock...like between 9:1-10:1 i think...something like that. so what could it be?

·
32,805 Posts
The engine is focked up. It can't be fixed. If you drive it, it may catch fire and explode. Just leave the Chevelle on the street, PM me your address and I'll be there in a few days to take that death trap off your hands.

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha lol no he had some plug wires from a camaro on there first and they did fine but they had the 45 degree angle boots and they were rubbing the headers and he thought the heat would melt the plug wires so he bought new straight boot moroso's and used them for awhile and just now its starting to do this...he checked and the wire is tight on the plugs too. the air isnt supposed to come through the plugs, but i have heard of that happening on some older mustangs.

·
Reseach and Devolopment
1,463 Posts
96blazer said:
The engine is focked up. It can't be fixed. If you drive it, it may catch fire and explode. Just leave the Chevelle on the street, PM me your address and I'll be there in a few days to take that death trap off your hands.
:lol:

fmfredrider501 do you have any pics of the velle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts