S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been on here for awhile, seen multiple topics about cops being dickheads. now, maybe some are true but to say that every cop is a dickhead is simply not true, heres my tale................
i got off werk about 1 1/2 hours or so ago, i live about 45 miles from home. well after getting off the freeway and going through town i notice a motorcycle cop in my rearview. no lights, just see him cutting through traffic to get behind me (or so i thought). well, after i make a right turn (legally) i notice him cut through 3 lanes of traffic to get behind me, (NOW I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING, I THOUGHT YOU SAID THEY WERENT ALL DICKHEADS), READ ON....... i have that funny feeling so i begin to pull over, at that second, he hits his red/blue lights. im cool, wait to get my wallet out til he gets to the door but before he dismounts his motorcycle, HE TIPS IT OVER!!! lays it flat on the ground....... i open my door to help him out, he tells me to "GET BACK INTO THE TRUCK SIR!!", again, im cool with it. he regains his composure, uprights the bike and gets to my door. i hand him my license, insurance and reg........ and i can tell hes burnt inside but cant show it, (like the british guards outside buckingham palace). he tells me "i noticed you had the right hand drive, thats illegal". i explained to him i researched it for months and i talked to the local chp and the local police dept. and they confirmed there in nothing in writing stating i cannot own a right hand drive automobole... he ask's me to pop the hood to view the "power adders" he has just taken a class about. i oblidge the officer with absolutely no hesitation. pop'd the hood and he points out various items relocated under the hood but focused on the k&n stating, "i could tow this due to race ready modifications. i told him its a k&n to help me fight gas prices and that its a 2.2, basicly a go-cart with a bed. he chuckled aloud and handed me back my license and wut not, shook my hand and told me to "have a nice day, i wasted enuff of your time".............

hopefully proving not all cops are dickheads if you keep your calm collective selves..... respect will get you everywhere ladies and gents!!!!! ;)

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
i didn't read your post. but i agree with the thread title. one of my best friends/old college room mate is a cop. he's only an asshole if someone gives him attitude off the bat. if you are cool and answer his questions...you get a warning.

·
resident crybaby
1,517 Posts
its true ive gotten out of a bunch of tickets by bullsh tting with the guy

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
cool

·
Ridin' Broke
76 Posts
good post. hopefully more people read it. i got pulled over the other night for following a semi too close. i had arizona plates in indiana and the cop was worried i might be falling asleep and following the semi to stay awake. after that he stood there and talked to me for 10 minutes. plus my dads a cop and is always willing to look over my friends trucks to make sure everything is legal. on the down side he does like to pull us over at night then just drive around, flip us off and keep going

·
cruising is not a crime
583 Posts
i was pulled over for speeding and so i put out my delicious marlboro light, he could smell it and started coughing a lot. he asked if i was smoking weed, i told him i just put out the cigarette when i was pulled over, i showed him the rest of the cigarette, and he gave me a verbal warning for speeding and told me i shouldn't smoke. after he left, i was like, what a nice cop!

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
all in all he was kind of a douche still ...lol....he just let you off ...and what I hear about a feature??

·
What'd Geico do for you?
2,889 Posts
most cops don't fit in to the stereotype of dickhead that i have encountered... but there has been the couple that have... i usually am always polite and respectful... it really does go a long way...

edit: i would have started bustin up if i saw him lay his bike down...

·
Passwordistaco
5,877 Posts
i get out of a lot of tickets around here so ive never had any problems with cops, everyone has to remember though they are just doing their job. If you get a ticket for speeding and you were speeding, get over it. You were speeding and you deserve to get a ticket. . .

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...and what I hear about a feature??
Galen from minitruckin' was at a local show and gave me a few pointers on the truck (the seats needed upholstry and needed a carpet cause "the rubber stock mat wasnt doin it for him". i met up with him at havoc in fresno june 28th + 29th. he noticed i got the crpet and seats dunn and the 28th he took me and 3 other trucks to get our trucks shot..... he told me "in a perfect world (which this aint) keep an eye out for it in 6 months" and thats also if he can get Mike Alexander to possibly do an "all s-10 issue"........
can you say STOKED!!!!!!

·
drag it
164 Posts
its true i got let off the other day in my work truck for doing 78 in a 40. i said sorry and that it was my fault. and that i had alot of triple a calls to do. so he never even looks up my lisense. he said slow down and said get back to work...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Trust me. Honesty and being cool will get you alot further with the law rather than, "What did I do?" as soon as they hit your window. Also if they ask if you know why they pulled you over be honest. and if you really dont know than be sincere and say it. But if you blew a red light and say, "Umm i dont know" its insulting.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Galen from minitruckin' was at a local show and gave me a few pointers on the truck (the seats needed upholstry and needed a carpet cause "the rubber stock mat wasnt doin it for him". i met up with him at havoc in fresno june 28th + 29th. he noticed i got the crpet and seats dunn and the 28th he took me and 3 other trucks to get our trucks shot..... he told me "in a perfect world (which this aint) keep an eye out for it in 6 months" and thats also if he can get Mike Alexander to possibly do an "all s-10 issue"........
can you say STOKED!!!!!!
F-en awesome ....im hopin to now have mine done for next show season ....cool ish man congrats!

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
after i did an oil change on my quad i was backing into my driveway to turn it around and before i was even out of the driveway there was a cop there saying i was riding on the road n shit, i kind of was a dick to him because of it but he just left after he realized he ****ed up

·
Zr2.2
2,190 Posts
My little cop story...I was driving my Trail Duster and got on the local business route its 55mph (end of the 70mph highway). Anyway people dont go 55 there so i had sped up to roughly 60 as I hit the main road and merged with traffic. Well a cop was sitting on the other side of a bridge doing radar. I passed him and he started pulling out so i thought ok what the deal here and pulled over. He clocked me at 68 mph, I explained my speedometer only said 58-60 and there was no way I was going that fast. I got no ticket and ended up asking him to radar me again so I know how far the speedo was off, he didnt want to or wasnt sposta but he did and its 10 slow. Cool now I know, he works a strict area and was cool about it didnt mention anything about the over height lift or ungodly loud pipes, I just got a have a good day.

Honesty and being polite can go a long ways.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts