S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been told that running my truck with a chip and NOS is a bad idea so I, want to know what type of ignition set up I should use. I am using a ZEX kit (shut up good deal) and the ASE ship changes the ignition. right now I am planning on using the ship with no changes to the ignition. I am told that an advance will cause detination. Now I was also told that with NOS I should advance 2% with ever 50 shot. Since I am running a 75 I figure I would advance 3% but I was told that I would get detination when not running NOS, I was also told that I could get hot or cold spark plugs and then I could advance it But was not sure about which one. hot or cold or something like that nded your help sending it in on Monday. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
You don't want to ADVANCE!

You need to RETARD timing with NOS. There are several ignition systems that have adjustable retards and window swithches. Try Mallory Hyfire VI.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You don't want to ADVANCE!

blueskyjack said:
You need to RETARD timing with NOS. There are several ignition systems that have adjustable retards and window swithches. Try Mallory Hyfire VI.
I got you. The only one that will work with my truck because it is so new is MSD and that specific model is $416.00

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can get the ASE EMS:evilg: That's what I'm going to use for my turbo set-up. A

PS- you advance/retard timing in degrees. not %;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtl_hed said:
You can get the ASE EMS:evilg: That's what I'm going to use for my turbo set-up. A

PS- you advance/retard timing in degrees. not %;)
What the hell is the EMS?
Yeah I know someone threw % at me that day and it stuck, don't you hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ASE Engine Managment System. It is a OBD2 piggyback module. It can control your fuel/spark curves, thermostat, cooling fan on/off, automatic toaster, ect. All manually programmable. It's a must if you are going to boost b/c it can change your fuel/spark based on boost psi:D Check out ASE's site

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'M A DUMBA$$

I typed ASE on BOTH posts. Holy crap I'm a complete moron when it comes to working a keyboard:bash: . AND i'm a CompSci major:rolleyes:

Anyways the correct acronym(and how the hell did i spell that right?) is AEM. Advanced Engine Managment. There website is www.aempower.com .

Sorry to anyboy who was searching, you probably got ASE auto tech certification as results. Thats probably where my dumba$$ got it from:bash: :bash: :bash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts