S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
95 S-10 Ext Cab 4.3 5spd
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know absolutly nothin about nos i'll say that first and get that out of the way.....i have a 95 tbi 4.3 with 150,000 miles runs like it is brand new and has great oil pressure yada yada yada....now i think putting nitruos on this would be awesome and i could beat the ricers around here...so...can someone tell me how what to do as far as doing this?? how much could i kit for and how hard it is?? can i do it with my stock engine??i looked on ebay for some cheap kits and stuff but i just dont know what the hell im doing. any help would be appreciated..

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
First off...Cheap and reliable horsepower do not usually go together well.
Second...150k is a lot of miles allthough it is not unheard of to spray on somethin with that many miles and have it keep on runnin strong.
I would go with a kit that is specific to your truck becuase of the throttle body having two bores. Something like the NOS kit with the plate for the throttle body...Or better yet the NX kit with The TBI ring. A bottle heater is a must to have proper pressure. A down tube for your own safety and a pressure gauge.
A free flowing intake and exuast would be very benificial.

Also I would only spray 50-75 with that many miles and a stock fuel pump.

Also make sure you ignition is in tip top shape. I mean perfect! A aftermarket ignition box, coil and wires would also be a wise investment.

A big must with the 5 speed would be a window switch. This way the nitrous comes on and shuts off in a set RPM range. This way you don't bog the motor on the spray and you don't bounce off the rev limiter.

What I am trying to say is there is a lot to putting together a good performing safe nitrous set-up. I think some research is in order. Get well educated before you spray then ask some specific questions. Otherwise I will be typing all day.

Calling manufacures of these kits would be a good idea too.

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
That is some good advice...I have a higher mileage engine and I spent alot of $$$ trying to make it as safe as possible to run N2O on it...I have the window switch, complete aftermarket ignition and a complete exhaust I still get worried about blowing stuff up but I have run a 50 shot a few times now and it doesn't seem that bad Now a 100 shot is way more intense so staying with the smaller shots is a really good idea

·
Registered
309 Posts
Listen to hellbent. Safety pays when you work with nitrous. If you happen to have a tonneau cover, I would put the bottle in the bed. If you have ever been around a nitrous bottle that blows the safety valve, you would know it is not a fun thing.
I would try to get an electric bnitrous pressure and fule pressure gauge and put them in the truck. That way you can keep tabs on both. Additionally you should buy a kit that has a full throttle safety switch and also install a fuel pressure safety switch.

I'm sure hellbent will agree.................this stuff is habit forming!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts