S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight yall this might sound retarded but how do you convert your shot into hp?

I always thought the shot equalled the hp but...I was told other wise.

Whats the truth?

·
Just Shoot it
246 Posts
Different motors respond different to most if not all mods you do nos included. The amount they tell you is just a ball park guess.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your saying...?

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Put Nitrous on your truck and go dyno it, thats how you tell.

·
Registered
354 Posts
NOS rates their HP at the crank , so if you put a 100 shot you will get around 75-80 rwhp . But on an NX or TNT nitrous kit they rate their hp to the wheel . So an 100 shot is 100 rwhp at the dyno . But all these system are rated for stock motor . But if you put headers you will get more hp with the same amount of nitrous and so on .... .
c-ya

·
Registered
61 Posts
usually computer programs will talk about nitrous as lbs/min or lbs/sec. a 100 shot according to desktop dyno is 4lbs/min.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The increase is the same (100 HP for 4lbs/min in your example)regardless of what engine you pump that amount of nitrous into. It can be a WWII airplane or a 4, 6, or 8 cyl car, the increase will be the same so long as the engine can take it. The ratio of air to fuel can effect the actual HP along with other variables, but properly installed you should get close to the advertised rate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats why i like zex, they tell you what pills will give you aprox. how much hp, im running a 75 hp shot, when i had it dynoed i had 61 extra hp, it was close enough.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was impressed with how much torque nitrous gives you. Thats why a 75 shot of nitrous on say, my truck, probably woulda dropped my time about 2-3 tenths more than my 75 horse supercharger did. The charger prob adds 75 horse and I'm guessing 75-80 ft lbs of tq, where the 75 shot of nitrous is 75 or so horsepower but like anywhere from 100-150 ft lbs of tq!!! Torque is what moves it--

thats why dollar for dollar, nitrous makes the most power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts