S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the limit to the amount of NOS i can run to my 98? w/o screwin up my engine??

·
Icy S-10
54 Posts
:D You can start from 50 shot and later if you want more you can go to 75 shot without screwing your engine. Make sure you get the fuel pressure safety switch and you should be okay.:cool: :cool:

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
it depends on the type of driver you are. i have seen motors blow up with only a 30 shot and i have seen last with more then a 200 shot

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also looking to add nitrous to my 4.3 Sonoma. Anyone know of any good kits? I know NoS makes some nice kits of course, but i have heard of computer controlled kits that run nitrous at a safe level automatically. I believe its called the Venom kit? Any help would be appreciated. The 4.3 kicks butt in low end torque, but once you hit 60 its guts are slightly lacking. I want that extra punch.

Also, the back end is very light, so will a 50 shot of nitrous send the back end loose in 3rd gear? I have an automatic tranny. And this is my first time looking into NoS. Im rather new when it comes to this subject, and i am a college student so money isn't flowing out of my ... you get the point. Can someone inform me well on these matters?:D:confused:

I am a college student in Reno, cold weather lands. It will snow here and be pretty cold. I don't have indoor parking, it will be in a covered parking area, but it is exposed to weather still. Will a cold NoS tank explode? I don't know. Help me out.

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
a good nitrous kit is zex. it runs off bottle pressure helping not to blow up your motor. check out there web site @zex or call them @ 1-888-817-1008

·
Registered
21 Posts
Checked the site and zex doesn't have an s-10 compatible kit.:cry:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i was thinking more along the lines of runnnig two 100 shots of NOS...dont tell me im stuck at the limit of 50?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts