S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every afternoon, on the way out to the BMX track we ride at, we see the same school bus, everyday, going back to the garage. We were just a lil bored because it was raining and we couldn't ride so we started bullsh!ttin. We came up with the idea to buy a junker bus from the yard and pimp it out and put NOS in it. Then we realized that busses use disel fuel, not unleaded gas. Eventhough it isn't a gasoline system, shouldn't NOS still work in the school bus?

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Well if ya guys do the research deisel engines can run nitrous.

Got to remember what nitrous oxide is:

Two part of nitrogen and one part oxygen.

Nitrogen only cools the temps down on the engine and oxygen only increases volume inside the chamber to create a high explosion as would a supercharger or turbo would work.

Also much better results for a given power increase than a gas engine, as a diesel does not have an ignition system like a gas engine and consequently the power output is not reduced by a poor condition ignition system, also the timing of the ignition sequence is not as crucial on a diesel which not only helps the power output, but also reliability. With a gas engine detonation can soon become a limiting factor to the power output, but as tar as I can tell this is not the case on a diesel as they actually run on detonation and as a consequence are built stronger which is another reliability bonus. The biggest advantage of a diesel over a gas engine is the diesels lack of acceleration ability, but with N20 injection this shortcoming is dis­proportionately improved. Cost is another area where a diesel has an advantage over an equivalent gas engine, as the basic N20 systems for a diesel does not need a filet control system as a gas engine does, which reduces the cost of a similar diesel system. The only limiting factor is how much fuel the engine wastes, and how much extra can be added.

This is straight text book material. For the laws of thermodynamics of engines.

I'm a mechanical engineer major, thats how I know.. hehe :D

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Maybe it was a big block and they just didn't know...

but for trivia you can run nitrous on diesel though... :)

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Tha Boom

Just get a bus with a 454 in it. My cousins school buds bought one to take to tailgating parties while they are in college. It is painted red and has some beginner flames painted on it. They took out all the seats and put some couches along the sides and a bar with a keg setup rigged in it. Its pretty kewl. It has a gas powered 454 in it too. That would be awesome. Dual 24 inch wheel burnouts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
AW ya baby!

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
SUPER BUS

my bud showed me a DL on his laptop and it was a bus in the quarter mile (school bus) with a big ol' jet engine sitkcin out the back, it did a wheelie (no bars and scraped sparks) the WHOLE 1/4 mile. if someone has the money to pull this off, would he be my friend?

on a side note, the crazy thing, extremely lackin in aerodynamics pulled off a 10.47 in the 1/4.

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!!

know what im sayin?
but really,:whogives:

·
Registered
485 Posts
BLAZO
they call it NOS and not nitrous now because of the stupid fast and furious movie. no tellin what dumb a$$ phrases their gonna come up with for the next movie. they may as well be spelling it as naus or noss. i hate it too. I also heard someone copy the movie by saying they had a "stand alone fuel management system". WOW, i had never laughed so hard my entire life! whenever someone is standing around me and they say it as noss, i'm quick to say "you mean nitrous?" or i'll ask questions about it until they say it correctly like "whats noss?, wheres that go? who makes it?"

·
Registered
317 Posts
lol, i do the same thing, people just seem to get more confused. so alot of times i'll just blatenly tell them i'm making fun of them and give them the answer. then i'll usally be like u shouldn't say it like that, people will start callin you a ricer. and they just stare blankly at me cuz they have never heard the term ricer. probably cuz they hang around ricers, and maybe its a sensitive topic at their civic ex car club meeting! :)

·
Yes, they're all mine
3,042 Posts
Are you gonna put NOS on it using a NX kits??????? LOL WTF were these ppl thinking????? HOMOS

1 - 20 of 29 Posts