S-10 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 373 Posts

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
thanks guys! I was thinking of removing the bump stops anyway, the car aint sittin low enough! :p
I might have a problem with the 14" steelies, cause the bottom of the rear springs are almost even with the rims...

but I'll figure it out! ;)
thanks for all the photos and the "how to" advice! ;)

·
Oaktown Trucks
2,875 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice looking truck. Nice looking Borbet's on the Opel too. I always liked those rims.
I'm currently farther East. Linz, Austria to be exact. I think I'll be in Gent, Belgium in a month or so.

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
no more bumpstops for me! woho! :D
got some work done today as well, got ridd of the bucketseats, and installed the original bench again :D
I alsp cut away the rear bumpstops today.. :D

stay tuned, more updates later this week! ;)

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Last week a friend of mine dropped of a pair of 2" drop spindles, so today I got that mounted up along with a pair of drop coils.
The car came a whole lot closer to the ground now..
I also got the doorhandles and lock welded shut, along with the hole for the mirrors.. So the doors are no smoooooooth as ice! ;)
I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
mostizzle:
where can I buy one?

Used the easter holiday to work on the S10.. :rotf:

welded back new bed floor braces on friday:

welded shut the mirror mounts:

refitted the bed for testing of clearances and then welded the bed lid on, just so we could see how it would look when its finished:

as I mentioned earlier, a guy I know dropped of a pair of Belltech drop spindles. Got that mounted up along with a pair of drop coils:
here is how it looks after

testfitted the front end after the drop:

I might go down to the shop tomorrow to grind of the welds in the bed...

any comments so far?

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,283 Posts
looks awesome man!!!
i got my sway bar from a junkyard but that's probably not a option in norway lol i've seen them on ebay and i know there's companies with websites like hellwig suspension and possibly hotchkis suspension who offer aftermarket sway bars for S-series trucks.

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
allright! thanks guys!

I'm wondering about the color.. can't really deside what color to paint it... I'm thinking green...
something like this one

·
Oaktown Trucks
2,875 Posts
I like the orange and black. The current scheme is kind of a no-nonsense go-fast look. Kind of like Dukes of Hazzard. :D Maybe just take it to the next level this time.

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Nice truck, the orange and black goes really well together. Still planning on doing the bb swap?
I'm still thinking about it, but it might be delayed to next winter though, cause right now the money is tight! :rant:

not sure about the orange color, i'm getting kind of sick of it actually....
but we'll see when it goes to paint.. still a lot of work to get done before that! ;)

noticed in your build thread that the bed support beams were rusted away... its really an easy fix; just drill out the old weldings and replace the beams one by one with new steel... check out my pictures! ;)

Thanks for all the comments guys!:rotf:

·
Layin' low
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
got a set of shaved door handle kits yesterday!
I'm really looking foreward to installing them! :D

·
Oaktown Trucks
2,875 Posts
I'm really looking foreward to installing them! :D
You should be looking forward to having them installed. Installing them is kind of a pain. I wouldn't be looking forward to it too much.

61 - 80 of 373 Posts
About this Discussion
372 Replies
80 Participants
Mostizzle
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing