S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to say hi. I have pretty much been lurking and searching. I have had quite a few S10 trucks and Blazers over the years and currently have 2. I have one that the state and I are arguing title issues over since insurance totaled it out due to the value of my communication equipment and the labor costs to remove and reinstall in another vehicle. I bought a scrap one to switch everything over and save time. The scrap one turned to be too nice to start cutting up.

Now I am trying to decide next steps. Do I pull the good old tired 4.3 from the "wrecked" one and put it in the good one or pull and build the one already in the good one? The previous owner said he thought he remembered it having a rod knocking. My initial plan was to grab a junkyard 4.3 and drop in. They aren't as plentiful as they used to be and this one is an 01 so the knock sensor thing.

I was working toward a ls swap in the wrecked '99 initially. My goal was to eventually drop a little 4.8 in with a roots type blower running around 8 psi for a fun street / mud toy.

Oh well, that's what I'm up to.

· B4U Task Force
35,510 Posts
Aah forgot again, I want to convert the '99 to a manual also. No telling what it may turn into before it is over.
Welcome to the Forum.
Here's a little tip...you can edit, or continue a post if you leave something out. Click on the 3 verticle dots in the upper right hand corner of your post. A menu will drop down with options.

· Registered
1995 S10 2.2 liter 5 Speed 2wd RCSB
606 Posts
Reactions: Blazernoob

· Registered
606 Posts
Reactions: Blazernoob

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't get around to making the fender transitions for the bumper yet. Fully welded skid plate integrated with the front bumper and the front frame rails are tied with an 8" wide section of 3/4" steel plate for a receiver mount.

· Registered
606 Posts
Factory candy from '99 with a diamond clear and mica overshot after airbrushing decay on it. The hood started to fail in the factory primer soon after.
The Red car to the right in the one picture, 2010-2016 chevy cruze? Red Hot is the name of the color right?
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

1 - 14 of 14 Posts