S-10 Forum banner

Noise from engine

863 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Jayhawke
Just noticed a quick, high pitched, metallic rattling noise coming from somewhere under the hood. I'll link a video of it below although I took it at night so you won't be able to see much. It is not loud enough to be heard inside the vehicle. Just as a side note I noticed it when my brother ran out of gas on his way to work and we tried to run it a few times, but it wouldn't turn over. It managed to start after a while so I imagine this is just because it was because it had been completely run dry. Anyone know what this is?
Preview attachment Video.mov

Video.mov
1.1 MB
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
The link doesn't work so there's no way to tell what engine is in it...nor the year. Provide both and I'll move this the the appropriate area.
The link doesn't work so there's no way to tell what engine is in it...nor the year. Provide both and I'll move this the the appropriate area.
Thought I mentioned it in the post, sorry. It's a 2000 s10 completely stock. The file won't upload so I'll link it to a youtube video.
sounds kind like the idler pully. see if you can wiggle it.
that is either the idler pulley (as mentioned above) or the A/C clutch- hoped it is the pulley- they are cheap....
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.