S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 s10 was a 4cyl. When I turn on my headlights I cant use my turn signals. My turn indicators light up solid and so does my high beam indicator.

·
Been there Done it
10,897 Posts
Did this just suddenly appear on a totally 100% stock truck?
Or has anything is the wiring been changed? Is this the same truck:
I have my awd turbo 5.3 (4l80e bw4472 t-case) and have recently installed a center console from a blazer

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is ls swapped cpw harness installed i removed the led headlights and it is still the same issue. The headlights will turn on so I know power isnt the issue, im leaning towards grounds. With the heqdlights off the turn signals work just fine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also im not sure if this has anything to do with it but the speedo moves with the tac 4l80e bw4472 (awd)

·
Been there Done it
10,897 Posts
Start with the simple grounds first. Is the block grounded to the firewall? Are the grounds on the inside of both sides of the rad support clean and tight? IIRC there are 2 on each side. Are the 2 ground wires under the top edge of the carpet near the trans hump on the passengers side tight?
Do your DRL's work correctly? Just put a rag over the sensor and they should come on. If you're in the garage they will be on. Or should be.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Led bulbs were removed, still the same issue. Where are the grounds by the trans tunnel? Do i have to remove interior parts to locate them?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start with the simple grounds first. Is the block grounded to the firewall? Are the grounds on the inside of both sides of the rad support clean and tight? IIRC there are 2 on each side. Are the 2 ground wires under the top edge of the carpet near the trans hump on the passengers side tight?
Do your DRL's work correctly? Just put a rag over the sensor and they should come on. If you're in the garage they will be on. Or should be.
Yes both head light grouds are tight and clean, also I only have one per side of the rad. The block is grounded to the firewall as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts