S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here we go.

A while back my engine developed a oil leak and ended up damaging my motor so I swapped in a low mileage one. Once finished we fired it up just to see if it'd turn over and run. However I didn't have the driveshaft in yet or much tranny fluid, just what was in the torque converter. Ran it for a few minutes at most, but I can her a ticking from the around the transmission pan. If I put it into drive it does nothing, same for reverse or any other gear. We removed the cooling lines from teh radiator and nothing. We even tried to force coolant into the pump by using compressed air into the cooling lines. Fluid came out the other side but still nothing. I heard there might be a slave cylinder that I can prime, anyone know anything about this? If I have one and how hard it is to prime if I do? The truck is a '01 with a 4.3 and a 4L60E.

Thanks for any help.

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
are the torque converter bolts installed? no offense to you or your abilities its something i have run into a couple of times. also check to see if electrical connector it plugged in at passenger side of trans is plugged in. It is possible that the trans pump was damaged due to lack of fluid

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
brokeitagain said:
It is possible that the trans pump was damaged due to lack of fluid
:werd:
I don't know alot about transmissions, but if you ran it that low on fluid, you may have damaged the pump.

·
-=-
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brokeitagain said:
are the torque converter bolts installed? no offense to you or your abilities its something i have run into a couple of times. also check to see if electrical connector it plugged in at passenger side of trans is plugged in. It is possible that the trans pump was damaged due to lack of fluid
Yes all the bolts are in and tight. My park/neautral saftey switch is broken (hit the steering shaft going in), however the harness still plugs in. I was told that should not be effecting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts