S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
chics dig a phat jimmy
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i put a new ignition system(6a,blaster gm coil, msd dist,msd 8.5 wires,and gm msd harness) and fuel system(holly 670cfm tbi ,new lines and walbro255) in my 88 s10 with a 4.3 tbi z vin..... the first day i put it in i advanced the timeing 3% and it crank first turn of the key next day no spark ...so iv check the coil, plugs, msd box,wires , dist,cap, rotor,control mod,all fuses,cant find any problems does anyone have an idea...... oh fuel is fine its just has no spark..

·
2,679 Posts
Check for spark????
Check your fuses. Check for + and - voltage at the coil.

·
2,679 Posts
Check for spark at the coil wire.
Did something get grounded that shouldn't be?

·
chics dig a phat jimmy
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check for spark at the coil wire.
Did something get grounded that shouldn't be?
no wireing was done all plug and play but i have triple checked all termanals and plugs and there is spark at the coil.... its so weird it ran like a champ the best it ever has before and 12hrs later nothing .... i even hook it back up stock and still nothing gotta be something small im missing

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
if you are getting no fuel spray from the inj while cranking eng and you have no fire than you have a bad ign module in the dist.

Are you getting fire from the coil wire to the dist? If you are than i would bet on a bad cap. I have seen it before on new bad parts.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Start where the new parts start. The harness goes from the factory plug into the MSD stuff. Check for proper coltage/signal there. An easy check would be to disconnect the MSD box and run the factory harness right back into the coil ike it was before.

I remember when I had an MSD box back in the 90s my engine would cut out on the highway. Pulled over one day and unplugged the box. Started back up but shut down 15 minutes later. Found the ign module had gone bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts