S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to get my rear breakes to work. I did the Ford 8.8 rear axle conversion. Put new calipers and rotors on. Blead the breaks and still dont have rear breaks. I put on a new master cylinder and still have no breaks. So I tried removing the rear break proportional valve block so both front and back brake lines come off the front proportional valve block. Still dont have rear breakes. What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Been there Done it
7,116 Posts
If the lines drained completely it may take many attempts at bleeding to get all the air out. I've used nearly 2 qts. in some cases. When I added F body discs to my 85 I didn't think I'd ever get them bled.
I've since learned to cap the lines if they're going to be off for much time to avoid that issue. Some guys use golf tees to plug the lines. I know that isn't much help to you at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did notice there was slightly less pressure at the back brakes but plenty to apply pressure to the calipers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great advice...Glad I could make your day..
Some of us are not seasoned pro like the rest of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cant seem to get my rear breakes to work. I did the Ford 8.8 rear axle conversion. Put new calipers and rotors on. Blead the breaks and still dont have rear breaks. I put on a new master cylinder and still have no breaks. So I tried removing the rear break proportional valve block so both front and back brake lines come off the front proportional valve block. Still dont have rear breakes. What am I missing?

You need a higher volume of fluid to run rear calipers than wheel cylinders. So finding an interchange part master cylinder with rear
calipers. I believe the late 3rd gen firebirds and camaros would have the volume you need for rear calipers.

·
Administrator
21,815 Posts
You need a higher volume of fluid to run rear calipers than wheel cylinders. So finding an interchange part master cylinder with rear
calipers. I believe the late 3rd gen firebirds and camaros would have the volume you need for rear calipers.

That's not accurate. I have Blazer discs in the rear, and LS1 brakes up front. No change in master cylinder and they work great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts