Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone
I'm new to the site
I just bought a 1987 S-10 4X4 Blazer 2Dr 2.8
I was told that it had a new motor, trany and
transfercase.
When driving on the freeway it takes everthing it has to stay at 60 mph and it kick down continuously to stay at speed.
I understand that this is not a high power vehical but why would kick down all the time? I have to floor this thing to keep it there.
Any ideas?
The engine runs great from what I can tell.
Just learning about this vehical

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Sounds like what mine did when i had the 86 tranny rebuilt it never kicked into OD might see if it still has warranty on the tranny... but i know mine never quite made it solid into OD and itdidnt like to kick down on accelleration either but i also know it can go much faster i had my 82 with a 4 speed manual and 2.8 up to 95ish and my 86 which was old up to about 90 with the auto so its somethign wrong i would think the transmission could possibly be the frotn wheels migh be engaged... Could be anything but that 2.8 isnt THAT slow. it isnt a fast powerful engine but it has more than it is showing you

·
Registered
16 Posts
It would be your catalic converter. My 97 S-10 lost all power to it. Rapped out inbetween gears, and sounded like it was going to blow up inbetween shifting, couldn't get over 60mph either. Just hollow it out and you will have power right back to it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i had trouble keeping speed once and it was because of a ****ty carb and clogged fuel filter... i had to literally pump the gas pedal to accelerate...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is what I have done, replaced the fuel filter, checked the EGR, replaced the exhaust system, needed it. Still need to run a fuel pressure test.
Still have no power.
Going to try unpluging the torq to see if that could be the problem.

Thanks
Still searching for power
Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts