S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had some computer codes come up, they only happened when it was cold for the most part. So I looked into them and found it to be either a MAP sensor or the EGR. I replaced both. A little later down the road I decided to change the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I did make sure that the distributor didnt move and that it is still in time. Just today I replaced the O2 sensor and reset the comp, it was a useless attempt. My power is down to almost nothing, and not getting any codes. All cyl's are firing and the engine runs fine, I can rev it at idle, but when it gets to makin the wheels push the car, its all different. I was thinking the CAT may be bad, I guess they rattle when they are going, and thinking back on it I have heard some rattling, i thought it may have been the cherry bomb that I put on a little over a month ago, so I kept checkin the mounts to see if it was all still holdin on, it always was. I NEED HELP, CANT THINK OF N E THING ELSE

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'93 103,000 miles very well maintained

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:troutslap :dunno: in need of help here:dunno: :troutslap

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AUTO

:wtf:

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a CPI "W" motor. And I actually fixed it today, I was looking into it too deep, heres the story. When I originally replaced the wires, plugs, cap, and rotor, i noticed the cap wasnt screwed down on the one side... I looked at it when i got it off and noticed the rotor had worn the plastic off of the one side of the guide on the cap. So I guess when I put it all back together PROPERLY (as the previous owner did not) it put it out of time. Reason I thought it was timed in the first place was due to me timing it previously and I knew i didnt turn the distributor. So I turned it today and got it back to speed. It will live to see more trails, mud, and hopefully a nice lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts