S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this but I’ve been searching all over Thai forum for answers but wanted to see what y’all would say.
I own a 2003 Chevy S10 LS Extended Cab 2WD 4.6L V6 Automatic Transmission.
For me to be able to shift out of 1st gear I have to go to 3000-4000 Rpms then let off the gas for it to be able to shift.
In addition to that whenever I’m in 3rd gear and I’m accelerating it will not shift into fourth. Whenever I let off the gas I can feel it shift to fourth but as soon I give it gas it will shift down into 3rd and cause my Rpms to go from 2000 to 3000, so I can tell it’s overworking the engine.
I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, the 1-2 shift solenoid and then the TCC PWM solenoid, drained the oak and back off (my friend told me half the transmission fluid in there is still the old fluid so a full flush still needs to be done) also put a new pan gasket of course.
Just confused what to do because I want my transmission to shift right

·
Randy
600 Posts
I chased a similar issue on a 2000 S10 2.2L. It would shift fine around town. When attempting to merge into traffic when you wanted a 2-3 shift above 3300 rpms it would not shift 90% of the time. It would shift to 4th gear when you lifted the throttle. Then you could actually down shift with the pedal to 3rd and go to 4th. It would not go to 3rd on its own if the rpms were not below 3000.
I replaced solenoids, 3rd accumulator capsule, resealed the 2-4 servo and replaced the VB and PCM. I looked at pressures and confirmed it was normal. I looked at shift commands and it was commanding 3rd when it should shift, it just never did...
It is now my current LS swap. It has to be an internal issue. As soon as I take the transmission apart I will post what I saw as the trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I chased a similar issue on a 2000 S10 2.2L. It would shift fine around town. When attempting to merge into traffic when you wanted a 2-3 shift above 3300 rpms it would not shift 90% of the time. It would shift to 4th gear when you lifted the throttle. Then you could actually down shift with the pedal to 3rd and go to 4th. It would not go to 3rd on its own if the rpms were not below 3000.
I replaced solenoids, 3rd accumulator capsule, resealed the 2-4 servo and replaced the VB and PCM. I looked at pressures and confirmed it was normal. I looked at shift commands and it was commanding 3rd when it should shift, it just never did...
It is now my current LS swap. It has to be an internal issue. As soon as I take the transmission apart I will post what I saw as the trouble.
it has been really confusing and we're about to replace the other two solenoids and hope it works. But reading what you were saying, it probably won't fix it. But when you take the transmission apart or get more details about what is causing the issue, just let me know! Thanks!

·
Randy
600 Posts
What I'm saying is that it looks like an internal issue and will need repaired. I would still look at shift commands. I would also look at the pressure switch manifold states for each gear quadrant. Electronic controlled transmissions ussually do what they are told.
MAF sensor, TPS and speed sensor is were the PCM gets its data to tell it what to do. After that if it is told to shift and doesn't I believe you have an internal issue. In your case if the 1-2 shift gets its command to shift at 2000 and then doesn't it could be a sealing ring in the 1-2 servo.
If shift commands confirm your no 1-2 until high rpms, I would clean your MAF sensor first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts