S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just did a 3.1L swap in my truck.. everything is almost hooked up or is hooked up.. i un-did the wiring harness from the firewall "outside" and remvoed the motor.. i just put everythign back on and im getting no fuel at all.. i put a test light to the plug right at the fuel pump and it lights.. i put a test light right at the injectors and still lights.. there is a quarter tank in the truck right now so its not out of gas.. is there any plugs outside in the engine compartment that i might have missed or grounds? my dad mentioned something about the computer not telling the fuel pump to run but idk bout that.. i also disconnected the fuel line at the fuel filter to see if it was clogged and still nothing came out..

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just swapped from carb to TBI and had some troubles with forgetting to ground my computer, maybe you are forgetting a ground somewhere! You have TBI I assume, is your fuel pump priming when you turn the key on? Are your injectors spraying when you have someone crank the motor for you?

Are you sure you plugged in the all the sensors? MAP, knock, EGR valve, temp, TPS, injectors
, IAC...

I took a voltmeter to the leads to the injectors, with the key on, one should read within 1 volt of 12, and the other should read within 1 volt of 0.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i figured out the problem.. after replacing the fuel pump and spending hours trying to figure out where in the lines i had a problem cause the injectors were getting power and when i ran a wire straight from battery to the pump it ran.. i came home last night looked at it for 3 mins and realized i had a wire not hooked up to the starter, so i hooked it up a YES!! all interior lights/radio works and yes the fuel pump works which then i started the motor!! by the way the 3.1 was fuel injected, and i swapped out the intakes with my 2.8L and made it a tbi again.. but thanks though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts