S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while without any issues, but my truck died while driving. I had it towed back to my place and started diagnosing. Checked for spark and it has it. So, fuel was next. The injector isn't spraying fuel. So, I pulled the fuel line off of the fuel filter. With the truck cranking, it had no fuel pressure. Normally, I would assume it's the fuel pump. But, I just put a new fuel pump in about a year ago. It has a full tank of gas, so I'm not particularly interested in dropping the tank to check to see if the pump is getting power. Where else can I check to see if the pump is getting 12v?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you checked the fuse block? There is a fuse for the fuel pump and you can read your 12V from there.
Also, it is much easier to remove the six bolts that hold the bed on and lift the bed up from the fuel tank side about 18" to remove and replace a fuel pump.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I'm living in the city at the moment and parking on the street, so lifting up the bed isn't the best option at the moment.

I'm guessing the fuel pump fuse in the fuse block is one of the ECM ones, because there isn't one explicitly labeled fuel pump. I'll prod around and see what I can find after I get the battery recharged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts