S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently rebuilt my engine, and I've got it all hooked back up. I can hear the fuel pump working and I have disconnected the fuel line from the tbi and gas leaked out a bit. It's got fuel pressure but It -will not- come out of the injectors.
I've dumped a bit of gas down the throttle body and it does fire. I'm thinking it's a wiring problem somewhere.

The wires that goto the thrrotle body, one is blue, and green, and those 2 are color coated, and there are 2 other wires, and they goto -one- wire from the wiring harness...

I don't know what other electrical components have anything to do with the tbi working.

It is a 1991 4.3L, auto

any help,
thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Your ignition module must be working. Verify the ECM is getting an ignition signal (tach signal).

You can get an injector noid light at your parts store and test the plugs that go to the injector. If you just have a volt meter verify one side of each injector plug has +12V with the key in the "run" position.
If not check all your fuses

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was exactly the problem, It took me forever to even think of how come these wires aren't getting power, and oh, how come there is no SES light on in my dash. I thought the bulb had burnt out, when all the other ones worked fine....haha

I had a missing fuse for ECM 1, and it was lying on the passenger side floor
It fired right up, and ran for a while until I shut it off. Now I think the timing just needs set. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts