S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SFBD Coming Soon.
124 Posts
I'm still runnin shocks. When i first built the truck I'll admit i had no shocks in the front but man was it bouncy IMO. Run shocks!

·
Registered
450 Posts
i have had two trucks with no shock neither were bouncy at all but at the same time couldnt compare it to one with shocks i just drove about an inch off the ground everywere lol
same here so idk what to compare to.....

·
http://www.vicbaggers.com
4,246 Posts
Some seem to think that the RE7 is a magical bag that doesn't require shocks. You need shocks..

Nice post Tom..that is a great explanation.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
you dont NEED them but they will improve ride quality. ive ridden in trucks with and without and mine doesnt have any upfront which im perfectly content with. maybe someday over winter ill get around to sinking some into the rails but for now im ok with cruisin as is

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
long story short, You're not going to die without them, but you're going to be happier with them, one way or another. Know what I mean??

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
Some people make it sound like its hard to run shocks or something? What does it take to run shocks in the front of a bagged truck?

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Some people make it sound like its hard to run shocks or something? What does it take to run shocks in the front of a bagged truck?
some shocks, some shock brackets (sinking them is way better tho) and some tools and shit :haha:. its nothin really

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
werd, you NEED them. I drove for awhile with no shocks on stock arms, the ride started to suck after a while. Highway it was fine, but if you hit any dips at speed you could feel it moving alot. Went to tube arms and bigger bags, no shocks for a while, but the ride was even worse with the lower psi. I guess some people like the wore out sedan suspension feel, but i do not, and hitting any quick bumps at speed will make you realize you need them. Ill never drive a bag'd truck without them. And with the large tires i have i didnt really lose any turning radius since the tires hit the body/frame around the time they hit the shocks

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have 2600 dom. no shocks on my fullsize bouncy. but i've used slam re7 no shocks on both my s10 and blazer. and was very content with the ride

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
Im deff. gonna be running shock on my truck after I finish it. Front and Rear

1 - 20 of 33 Posts