S-10 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have that. Shows ground,hence short. Chased braid behind ac condenser. Wiggled it about,spark. I think I found my short. Will look real hard at it tomorrow.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
Not sure there is such a thing on a 96...I don't recall coming act=ross one on mine.
The wire I think you are describing that goes across the front actually goes to the under hood fuse box.
It has a fuse under the battery in a small box. It is the main power supply to most everything except starter and alternator.
Would help if you let us know what year, model, engine.

View attachment 343521
No underhood fusebox on a '96.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That braided wire goes over to the ECM area but is crushed kind of right by ac condenser. Will get it out ,open braid and do a visual tomorrow.

·
Been there Done it
8,899 Posts
Check out page 36 of the attached wiring diagram for a diagram of the power distribution. You need to be concerned with the top half of the diagram on that page. This is a truck diagram, but the Blazer should be the same or similar. The distribution block is on the drivers inner fender near the ABS. It'll have a plastic cover held on by two plastic thumb screws. You likely have a bad connection or a burned fusible link.
The main supply wire comes from the big terminal on the alternator. Check it for continuity, with the battery disconnected so you don't short out anything.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts