S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 blazer ls.had bad alternator,replaced.while doing the alt,pulled batt to clean,disconnected neg term then pos before swap.Replaced alt ,pos term first then neg.power to starter. Nothing anywhere else.chased wire from positive side of batt,appears to go to abs module,is hot.Should say that abs light has been on for mnths with no trouble.Nothing no lights,no clicks ,nothing. Is one of the wires off of the solenoid supposed to go to the ignition or fuse box.would always be hot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
😇done. Across front end and goes to abs module.is hot.pos cable got to starter.no inline fuse or bre.aker to starter.could find nothing else hot.what goes inside and where?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
😇done. Across front end and goes to abs module.is hot.pos cable got to starter.no inline fuse or bre.aker to starter.could find nothing else hot.what goes inside and where?
12. If a message is unreadable due to spelling and / or grammar, it may be removed. We don't ask you to be a 'Spelling Bee' champion, or an English Major, only that you post messages that are legible and make sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you were to read the answer to the first post,the and I wrote makes perfect sense.was asked to check visible link at battery.I said done.goes across front end and goes to abs module ,tests hot.then I said positive cable goes to starter ,tests hot,no breaker or fuses in the line.I then asked what line goes in the vehicle and where located.made sense to me in the context.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
Chevymec reply is perfectly readable. It's your lack of punctuation that makes your post a mess. If you're using Talk to Text, that would explain why there is no spaces between sentences, and the lack of capitalization. I would suggest proofreading your post before hitting "Post Reply". It would make it easier to figure out what you're saying. Just a suggestion.

·
Been there Done it
8,899 Posts
The wire I think you are describing that goes across the front actually goes to the under hood fuse box.
It has a fuse under the battery in a small box. It is the main power supply to most everything except starter and alternator.
Would help if you let us know what year, model, engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Should be a wire coming off the battery going to the alternator, on some trucks if that isn't hooked up it won't allow power to the cab

·
Been there Done it
8,899 Posts
I'd think if the primary power wire to the battery isn't hooked up once the battery went dead there wouldn't be power to anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wire I think you are describing that goes across the front actually goes to the under hood fuse box.
It has a fuse under the battery in a small box. It is the main power supply to most everything except starter and alternator.
Would help if you let us know what year, model, engine.

View attachment 343521
96 Blazer ls 4.3 . There is no box under battery.Is this that fuse box?
IMG_20200914_071941.jpg

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
That's the ECM.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,181 Posts
dude- test light- sounds like you have a REALLY BAD GROUND CABLE. check each MAIN power to ground. you said you have power over to ABS controller, so you at least have one ground thats good(if you didn't test to the ground on Batt. Batt to frame, Batt to Rad support, Batt to Block, 2(rear of block) to firewall and ecm mount. ? Does your horn work?. Have you checked the inside fuse panel?on dash end inside drivers door?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allow me to correct that ,breaker box. Removed and opened bottom. There is no power going to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude- test light- sounds like you have a REALLY BAD GROUND CABLE. check each MAIN power to ground. you said you have power over to ABS controller, so you at least have one ground thats good(if you didn't test to the ground on Batt. Batt to frame, Batt to Rad support, Batt to Block, 2(rear of block) to firewall and ecm mount. ? Does your horn work?. Have you checked the inside fuse panel?on dash end inside drivers door?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Checked and sanded all grounds. Did continuity with no battery. Is good. Nothing out of fuse box. Fuses good. No horn. My Chilton says there is a battery block in that line to the abs. No can find. The line to the abs is the one right off of the battery. Large red on left is hot.Where the power goes in is insulated from the abs,battery block?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
There should be a plastic cover with plastic nuts right by the ABS attached to the inner fender....maybe 3/4" x 4". There's a big ol' fat hot wire that goes to it. There are several terminals on it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
I can't remember where it comes from. Mine has been changed since the swap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts