S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad says i'm not allowed to "lowride" or drop my truck at all so i was wondering if you guys thought he would really notice a 2/2 drop or what else i could do to make the truck look a little better. i have the stock rims that came on my 98 ls so i'm shure bigger wheels would help with the huge gap between the fender well and the top ot the tire that looks horrible imo, but is there any other suggestions

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
i 3/3's mine and u cant really tell unless u stare at it for a while. but when u park beside a stock dime its very noticeable. id say do it!

·
Jesus is my savior
1,084 Posts
just bag it and mount everything under the bed...its stock when you are at home around the old man...and when you go out...hit switches all night long

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
JasonPaulMcCoy said:
haha perfect.

thanks guys. he doesnt pay close attention to it so he prolly wont notice
until he goes to drive it

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definately can't bag it, you seem my dads a city cop and i always see him around town at night when me and my friends get together. But will droping it make it ride any worse, I'm getting the 2" blocks from auto zone and my buddy who owns a customs shop said he can clip my springs for extreamly cheap.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Tell him it handles poorly at stock height.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I say... you lower your truck 3/4 and tell your dad that you can spend your money the way you want. Thats complete Bullsh*t if your dad is keeping you from your dream/wants. If you work for the $$$ you should spend it anyway you want. I dont care if your dads a cop. Your 17(?), you might as well grow up and start moddin the truck......(no harm done in the last part bout growing up) :tup:

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thats what i tell him. If i pay for it with my cash it shouldnt matter. He got pissed the other day b/c he had to give me money for a new grille but he told me that he would get it and to save my money, its bull $hit. I mean he did pay for most of the truck but he thinks its gunna be like scraping the ground and its gunna ride differently. all hes worried about is what ppl will say about his son truck and why he would let me have a "getto" to.:rant: :ahole: :madfinger :gayflag:

·
Registered
5 Posts
unless his dad bought him the truck, then I could see him not wanting to modify it. If you paid for it all on your own, then ignore my comment and do what groundsparkin said then. :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
well you mite as well buy a nice drop for it and say f*ck it to your dad....you gotta do what you gotta do to get it closer to the ground.....

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Don't let your buddy cut your springs. It will ride like shit. Buy some 2" drop spindles and 3" blocks and you will be set.

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well me and my grandma payed for some but he payed for most. But he payed for 2 of my brothers cars one is brand new, $21,000. He let my brother do anything he wanted to his cars. But my brother is gunna be rich soon so he walks on fuc%in water. GAAARRRRRRR! Screw it i'm getting my 2/2 drop and if he has that big a prob i'll move out, my bro did at 17. Plus my bro thinks its b/s that he wont let me and i can go live with him if i wanted

·
Registered
774 Posts
if you say f*ck it....get a nice lower drop...maybe a 4/5 or 5/6?? :tup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
i bought a 2/4 drop, didnt like how high the front was, so i cut an inch off the lowering springs, and it doesnt have any probs.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
just do it right the first time....i dunno why yer dad is so afraid either...my parents dont worry what others think of my truck being low...

·
How u riddin'
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
omg and some one backed into me and cracked the old grille up so i put a new one on and told him i was gunna paint it pewter and get speed grille inserts and hes like man u dont need to do that, besides your seats and interior that truck looks brand new. i was like yeah that the problem, i dont want to be another guy with a nice stock truck, i want something to be proud of, i mean i could just go spend my money on drugs and $hit right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts