S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2002 4.3 extreme with no catlyt converter can it harm truck and make it run bad. Im having a problem where my truck starts to run bad after driving for a while and it stalls, and will sputter if i give it gas until it corrects itself and sometimes it wil die. I have ried everything what can be causing this?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Well if you are running no cat, yes it will cause it to run bad, UNLESS you purchase an o2 simulator from caspers electronics. The computer is looking for certain readings from the post cat o2 sensor, and since its either not there or it is there but there is no cat, it is getting bad data and screwing things up, causing stalls, sputters, etc.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
did you get the codes pulled yet? and why not spring for a hi-flow cat (like $70) if yours is going bad? i think the hi-flow and the O2 sim are about the same price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no cat

my 92 blazers cat was shot after all the years in use.i removed the muffler and ran a peice of rebar through it over and over while starting it to get the crap out of it.so now that its hollowed it runs a heck of alot better,better mpg,s and never got any computer code errors.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
thats because you have OBD1, which doesnt have an O2 sensor after the cat, like OBD 1.5 and 2

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already have the simulator, and i have a stock tailpipe as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts