S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my new cat converter to come in, and in the meantime I have been driving around without the cat or rear o2 sensor. It's been driven about 30 miles this way and there is still no SES light. Could this be a problem?

MY old cat was clogged really bad and the truck gained a lot of power by not having the exhaust hooked up, judging by the seat of the pants dyno. I would like to keep most of this power when I put it back together, so what is a good flowing muffler that I could use? I want it to be a little on the loud side, but I don't want it to sound like a rice rocket. I will be using one the ebay magnaflow hi-flow cats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what have on my v6 dakota and people have mistaken it for a v8. Does anyone have sound clips of a flowmaster 40 on a 2.2?

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
Thats what have on my v6 dakota and people have mistaken it for a v8. Does anyone have sound clips of a flowmaster 40 on a 2.2?
inside truck

outside obviously

enjoy!, no thats not smoke thats steam:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! I expected it to sound like sh!t, but i actually liked it. Not a ricey as i expected. What else do you have done to your exhaust set up?

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
nothing. stock tubing/header/cat up untill the flowmaster and then a turndown right after that. engie stuff i have an intake which made the exhaust slightly deeper and an efan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts