S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
INNOVATIVE FABRICATIONS
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' ext. cab with a 6" lift on the front. Obviously when I put on the lift, the brake lines needed to be longer. So I went and had some custom ones made. They turned out to short. The guy that ran the place told me I only needed them a certain length and I told him they needed to be longer. Well, he gives me the length he recommended and I put them on. Sure as sh!t, they are to short like I said. So when I turn the wheel almost to lock position and then back to straight, I have NO BRAKES! I have to pump the pedal four or five times before I get my pedal back. So the other day I go back down to the brake place and told him to make me new, longer lines. I get them (for free), and put them on last night. Now, when I turn almost to lock position and back to straight, I have no pedal still! I physically checked at full lock and the lines are plenty long enough. So whats up here? I thought that before, when the lines were to short, that they were being "pulled" and allowing air into the system. I guess not though cause it's still doing the same thing. I need ideas. Not being able to stop really sucks! :doh: I'm thinking I need to bleed the lines again.

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
I think it seems like it is geeting not enough pressure so when u are pumping the brake sit is building up the pressure and allowing it to engage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts