S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who makes a good nitrous kit for the 2.2L? I was thinking that a kit for a Cavilier 2.2L would work but any especially for the S-10 would be great.

My truck just got a new engine, and its under warrenty, bwuhahaha......

·
Registered
920 Posts
nitrous express and venom both make a kit for the 2.2, really i think its just a kit for Gm EFi's. dont run more than a 50 shot or you run the risk of hurting your engine. and if the people find out that you are running nirtious the warranty is void

·
Registered
77 Posts
Venom offers a custom fit nitrous kit for S-10 2.2s go to Truckperformance.com or NOPI.com

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got a hook up for NOS 400 bucks is that a good deal. what upgrades should i get for the NOS???

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is it the NOS brand? If so then it is a good deal. It should be kit #5122. You only need to run premium fuel.
To be safe a step colder plug because our trucks take the hottest plug NGK makes.
NOS recommends NGK but you need to use a base plug (copper). The NGK plug is TR5 or STK #2238

·
Registered
122 Posts
NOS brand Yes it is actually i checked that out to day. My Altezza lights got jacked last night so im going to use the money from the replacements to pay for part of the NOS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would definately go with the NOS kit. If only for the peace of mind that they have a TON of years in the business and produce solid, quality products. The install on a dry kit (like the 5122) takes about 1 1/2 hours if you know what you're doing, and maybe 4 hours if its your first time. NOS has a great tech line and can pretty much walk you thru the whole install. My first install was without the benefit of an installation manual, so I know that they'll do this. As far as mods go...stay under about 60hp and you should be safe (internally). The immediate danger going above that is your rods. Some motors can take up to 80 or 100 xtra horses on the stock rods, but I'm not sure about the 2.2. Best bet is to play it safe. Good Luck! If ya have any questions feel free to e-mail me [email protected] PEACE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts