S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've thought about it but never tried it. I'd be curious to see the results and to see how long the poor thing last on spray. It's a lot more than just slappin a bottle and some hoses in . Lets see if someone has the sack to try it.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I have the sack, but not the money......poor little 2.2 needs to become a bottle fed tire ripping baby

Caleb

·
low and slow
430 Posts
lonewolf over at .org also has n2o on his 2.2

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
That crap does more harm than good. I've seen really experienced gear heads smoke their motors using that crap. I would take it if you gave it to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man i don't care what anyone says NOS is no good for a motor with stock internals. You need forged pistons,rods,etc.,an adjustable fuel system,and a lot of know how to do it right. Zex is a fairly safe kit but it's not worth the money. A 50-or75 shot is still a tease. Trust me i've ridden in my buddy's 98 cobra that was built for NOS from the inside out. How's a 300 shot sound? Now thats worth it . I'm really concerned about when it comes time to install my turbo set up that i'm going to run into similar problems as a motor on juice. Thats why i'm almost thinking about getting rid of the setup and leaving well enough alone. If i have the time or money i'll do it right. And if you have enough sense you might shy away from the spray . The extra 50 or so horsepower is just not worth the cost of a new motor.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Dude, I hate all these people that just dont' know about it...

IF you do everything correctly use the nitrous at ONLY full throttle, and use the CORRECT sized shot, a stock engine will last on nitrous longer than any turbo.....

NITROUS, runs cleaner, burns faster, and is better on an engine than a turbo or supercharger....its all about the size shot of Nitrous that you use as to how fast your engine will blow up......if you use a 50-75 shot, the 2.2's internals are VERY strong for a stock engine and will be able to handle this easily.....its when you get over 75 that you run into big problems....

Caleb

·
Registered
217 Posts
yes NOS can be usedon a 4 banger ive ran a 100 shot through mine with slicks and hit a 14.7 at 92 mph in pomona but i have the proper engine modifications to make that possible, i would stay away from the zex kits they are inconsistent and are a pain in the ass to hook up if the tps doesnt read enough voltage

·
not so slow n-e-more
694 Posts
truckracer666 said:
yes NOS can be usedon a 4 banger ive ran a 100 shot through mine with slicks and hit a 14.7 at 92 mph in pomona but i have the proper engine modifications to make that possible, i would stay away from the zex kits they are inconsistent and are a pain in the ass to hook up if the tps doesnt read enough voltage
what mods are you talkin about??? i'd like to know...you got any pics???...timeslips???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ran a guy with nitrous on his 2.2. He hit a 17.08 with a 50 shot. Talked to him a bit later on that night. He said he couldn't run anything higher than that due to severe backfire.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
i ran nos this past weekend but i needed to a bigger nozzle (forgot it at home) i also need a msd to retard timing to be safe and a fuel pressure reg. so i can be sure not to blow but not bad at a 17.6 with my mod minus hte venom and jet2 i also ran the same time with all my mods but i shed my tailgate bumper jack spare and sized down to 14" rims so i m pretty surte if i do everything the same and spray a mid 16 is achevable( hopefully) oh yeah vcn 1000 with the smallest nozzle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts