S-10 Forum banner

Nitrogen- I HATE IT

3K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  89droped5/6 
#1 ·
ok guys, i really hate the nitrogen setup on my truck, its just a hassle to use it. i really need some electric valves and a compressor or 2......wut should i do?

#27 ·
the bottle of most likely a 60 cubic ft bottle. and if u dont have a "reserve" tank and u running striaght to manual vlaves that probaly leak pretty good. u sure u running nitro? not to sound dumb, but is the bottle black? also u must have a regulator on it, so it should tell u how much psi is in bottle and how much u dumpin to your valves.

speaking from experience i ran a nitro only setup for like 3 or so months. nothing wrong w/ it, its not a daily driver. but one thing is when the nitro goes down below 500 psi, u start getting real slow repsonse and not much lift. now that i have it running into a 5 gallon reserve tank, the lifts are much more faster and i can run below 200 psi b4 it starts to slow down.

so it just seems u need to sit back, relax... take a drink or do whatever calms your nerves. get u some new parts... valves, tank, etc. and redo it. u will be very happy w/ outcome.

#28 ·
ok guys, like i said, its a nitro bottle and it does have a regulator sayin how many psi the tank is holding and also how much psi my 5 gallon tank has, and it does run into a tank before it goes to the valves, its just that my truck is an every day driver and i dont need the nitrogen

#30 ·
Seth is that you, if so, he is running 2500' in the front, and im not sure what they are in the back but definetely bigger then 2600's, and its air over leaf with the goofiest looking setup i have ever seen. Anyway, he is running 3/8's line, and the wierd 3-way valves, i cranked it up to 200 PSI the other day when we were playin with it and it is still real slow in the front, the back seems quick. But im guessin the first problem is the 3/8 line, This is the setup the nitrogen tank going straight into the tank, and no compressors. Judging by the looks of the bed (bodydroped truck) I would hate to see the valve setup. And also by the way its so slow going down, there has to be reducers somewhere in the system. My guess is 2 compressors, 2 tanks and 1/2 line and at least 3/8 valves.

#34 ·
what everyone else has said..you should get more than 3 up-downs out of a nitro tank..and if you are intent on getting rid of it then yes, get SMC 3/8's valves with 1/2" line...you should be ok. 10-12 gallons of air storage, 2 compressors, and 110-145psi pressure switch. but honestly..it just sounds like either your tank isnt being filled right, or there's a MASSIVE leak. if it's being FILLED to 150 psi..that could DEFINITLY be the problem. make sure it's regulated to 150 psi..not filled to that..it should only let out 150 psi..or up to 200..whatever you have it set to..and should be filled up around 2000 psi...

#35 ·
Let me add more to this, It fills up lots of times with the nitrogen tank, its just he keeps shutting the tank valve off rather then keeping it open and letting the regulator do its job. Ex. He lets it fill up to 150 psi, then closes the nitrogen tank. He just ment he only gets like 3 fills before the tank runs out.

#37 · (Edited)
jk0069 said:
Let me add more to this, It fills up lots of times with the nitrogen tank, its just he keeps shutting the tank valve off rather then keeping it open and letting the regulator do its job. Ex. He lets it fill up to 150 psi, then closes the nitrogen tank. He just ment he only gets like 3 fills before the tank runs out.
He afraid of leaving the tank open?

And what does he expect....3 fills is good for 150 psi on a 5 gal tank.

Some people dont need bags.

#38 ·
I got 91 baggeed sonoma runnin compressed air tanks. I got regular compressed air tank like a weldin tank (5 ft long bout 10'' dia.) One tank no sub tanks or anyting (gettin 2 5 gal tanks) but the big tanks runs for bout 2-3 weeks, depends on how much u play. I got 4 - 3/8 smc valves

#40 ·
Hes not afraid of leaving it open, the guy he bought the truck off of has it setup this way, were going to change everything. Its ghetto rigged.

#41 ·
jk0069 said:
Hes not afraid of leaving it open, the guy he bought the truck off of has it setup this way, were going to change everything. Its ghetto rigged.
setup that way? no matter how its "setup" a regulator is a regulator. it works the same way. the pressure is held in the bottle and regulated at the output. so i dont understand why not leave it open when u ridin around. i left mine open for a 7 hr drive to FL b4... and it was straight nitro setup, no reserve tank, or comp.

#45 ·
more ponys out of a 4cyl 2000 s10

hey s10 lovers...
this is my first time on this website...

i have a 2000 s10 2.2L reg cab 2wd...the truck has 189000 miles on it...
as the topic states i need more power...are s10 suppose to be slow...on the freeway i can barly hit 80 on a straight away...usually iam around 70mph - 75mph is that normal..???

#47 ·
Re: more ponys out of a 4cyl 2000 s10

Bigfern said:
hey s10 lovers...
this is my first time on this website...

i have a 2000 s10 2.2L reg cab 2wd...the truck has 189000 miles on it...
as the topic states i need more power...are s10 suppose to be slow...on the freeway i can barly hit 80 on a straight away...usually iam around 70mph - 75mph is that normal..???

lmao:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

#50 ·
Can you run your compressors and the nitro at the same time or do you have to turn your compressors off first befor you turn your nitro on? And you run your compressors in one tank like a 5 gal and then you run your nitro in a different tank and link them together right?????

ThankZ a lot

#51 ·
Yo not to whore ur thread or anything, but I just ordered 2 80 cf. nitrogen bottles. They fill to a little over 2,000 psi. I have a 12 gallon that tank that it will be regualted into at 150 for drivin around town and shit maybe less because I have 3/4 valves and line. But I was just wondering about how long the 2 tanks regulated at that psi would last me...And also I went and asked how much to fill each tank. $37.00 a piece!!! Holly shit I thought that it would be like 15 a piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.