S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
strider2006 said:
i am going to run straight nitro no comps....don't feel like waiting on air when i can have it there when i need it
Comps are just for backup when the nitro runs out, duh.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Get rid of those valves too, theyre spool valves and more than likely theyre gonna chew up the o-rings and break down on ya.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
what psi is the nitrogen tank being filled to? usually nitrogen tanks are filled to like 2000-3000 psi with the regulator set at 150 psi. depending on how much you use it and the size of your tank, i would think that it should last you at least a few days. i know personally, i'd like to have a nitrogen setup to do along with my air setup that way i have a lot more playing time, then when i run out of nitrogen, i still have the air as a backup.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I don't think he is running a tank...I think he is running the nitro straight to his valves. Either way. He's not fully explaining his current setup, so its impossible to properly help him.

·
BAAWDDYYY DRAAAWP!
1,033 Posts
the bottle of most likely a 60 cubic ft bottle. and if u dont have a "reserve" tank and u running striaght to manual vlaves that probaly leak pretty good. u sure u running nitro? not to sound dumb, but is the bottle black? also u must have a regulator on it, so it should tell u how much psi is in bottle and how much u dumpin to your valves.

speaking from experience i ran a nitro only setup for like 3 or so months. nothing wrong w/ it, its not a daily driver. but one thing is when the nitro goes down below 500 psi, u start getting real slow repsonse and not much lift. now that i have it running into a 5 gallon reserve tank, the lifts are much more faster and i can run below 200 psi b4 it starts to slow down.

so it just seems u need to sit back, relax... take a drink or do whatever calms your nerves. get u some new parts... valves, tank, etc. and redo it. u will be very happy w/ outcome.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok guys, like i said, its a nitro bottle and it does have a regulator sayin how many psi the tank is holding and also how much psi my 5 gallon tank has, and it does run into a tank before it goes to the valves, its just that my truck is an every day driver and i dont need the nitrogen

·
Registered
481 Posts
Seth is that you, if so, he is running 2500' in the front, and im not sure what they are in the back but definetely bigger then 2600's, and its air over leaf with the goofiest looking setup i have ever seen. Anyway, he is running 3/8's line, and the wierd 3-way valves, i cranked it up to 200 PSI the other day when we were playin with it and it is still real slow in the front, the back seems quick. But im guessin the first problem is the 3/8 line, This is the setup the nitrogen tank going straight into the tank, and no compressors. Judging by the looks of the bed (bodydroped truck) I would hate to see the valve setup. And also by the way its so slow going down, there has to be reducers somewhere in the system. My guess is 2 compressors, 2 tanks and 1/2 line and at least 3/8 valves.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
u callin him a dick? or is that his name?

Either way....yea, u need some 3/8" SMC valves and some 1/2" Line. Two viair 450c compressors, should work for ya with a 110-145 Pressure switch.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
what everyone else has said..you should get more than 3 up-downs out of a nitro tank..and if you are intent on getting rid of it then yes, get SMC 3/8's valves with 1/2" line...you should be ok. 10-12 gallons of air storage, 2 compressors, and 110-145psi pressure switch. but honestly..it just sounds like either your tank isnt being filled right, or there's a MASSIVE leak. if it's being FILLED to 150 psi..that could DEFINITLY be the problem. make sure it's regulated to 150 psi..not filled to that..it should only let out 150 psi..or up to 200..whatever you have it set to..and should be filled up around 2000 psi...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Let me add more to this, It fills up lots of times with the nitrogen tank, its just he keeps shutting the tank valve off rather then keeping it open and letting the regulator do its job. Ex. He lets it fill up to 150 psi, then closes the nitrogen tank. He just ment he only gets like 3 fills before the tank runs out.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
jk0069 said:
Let me add more to this, It fills up lots of times with the nitrogen tank, its just he keeps shutting the tank valve off rather then keeping it open and letting the regulator do its job. Ex. He lets it fill up to 150 psi, then closes the nitrogen tank. He just ment he only gets like 3 fills before the tank runs out.
He afraid of leaving the tank open?

And what does he expect....3 fills is good for 150 psi on a 5 gal tank.

Some people dont need bags.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got 91 baggeed sonoma runnin compressed air tanks. I got regular compressed air tank like a weldin tank (5 ft long bout 10'' dia.) One tank no sub tanks or anyting (gettin 2 5 gal tanks) but the big tanks runs for bout 2-3 weeks, depends on how much u play. I got 4 - 3/8 smc valves

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
im about to get nitrogen for my truck...I only want to fun a 200psi regulator because im using 3/8" smc's....How much should I expect to pay for a 200psi regulator?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hes not afraid of leaving it open, the guy he bought the truck off of has it setup this way, were going to change everything. Its ghetto rigged.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts