S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i really hate the nitrogen setup on my truck, its just a hassle to use it. i really need some electric valves and a compressor or 2......wut should i do?

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Whats to hate about the nitrogen system?

Are you running manual valves?

Personally, I'd go to some electric valves, get a tank to act as a manifold for the nitrogen bottle/valve setup and go with that.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i love it when i run nitro....turn on on the bottle to 200psi...leave it there....then i dont have to worry about waiting 10 minutes for my tank to fill up.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
1994s10 said:
i really need some electric valves and a compressor or 2......wut should i do?
What i interpret that as, is that he has a nitro-ONLY setup..which would probably suck once it ran out....

If thats the case..or not...post the issues you're having, we'll all throw in our $.02..maybe you'll end up with at least a dollars worth of info :)

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
How long does a nitro bottle useally last. How many up and downs? What I'm saying is that I never used it and have only installed compressor and tank setups. If the bottle doesn't last long it could get expensive quick filling the bottle all the time.

Hey I got a good idea just use propane then you could get an igniter at the end of the dump and lay out and shoot flames at the same time. Just kidding:booty: :bash: :dunno:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys, the nitro bottle is about 3-4 ft long and when i fill my tank up to 150 psi i can only go up and down about 3 times, i have only up and down for the back and front and im running 2 electric 3/8 valves (MAC's) and there 3 way, i just got the truck and i have no compressors and a small( probly 5 gallon tank) i would much rather run compressors and more valves, my truck is body dropped 4 inches and is bagged front and back with 2500's and 2600's, i really dont like the nitrogen and iwould love to get rid of it. thanks for all the help guys

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
you can only go up and down 3 times and your nitro bottle is empty or your tank is empty? if your TANK is empty, that's how it's supposed to be... its only a 5 gallon tank. your nitro probably isnt hooked up right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i really dont want to deal with it, is it easy to sell? or are they cheap? cuz i just want some more valves and a couple compressors. any one lookin for this kinda set up pm me

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wanna sell them orangesonoma? and yes i do apreciate all the advice CAB so dont make accusations bro. everyone that has posted did nothing but help me. i just really dont see the need in the nitrogen for what i want. i would kill for a compressor and sum valvesright now, lol....

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
I'm just confused on your setup. You've not really explained it all that well. Seriously with the nitrogen setup you should be able to go up and down more than 3 times. Sounds to me as though the nitrogen bottle isn't being filled properly or you've got a severe leak somewheres.

If you want to get some compressors, I'd go with some viair 450s and have them dual feed your 5 gal tank or even a 12 gal tank.

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
strider2006 said:
i am going to run straight nitro no comps....don't feel like waiting on air when i can have it there when i need it
I feel the same way, but I either want all nitro or an engine drivin. either way is badass.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ilooked at the tank and i cant find out how much it holds, it looks like a oxy-acetylene tank and its 3 ft long , thats all i could tell u and it has welmark guages on it

1 - 20 of 51 Posts