S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
98sdime said:
Nitrogen...Helium is faster, but costs a lot more....

CO2 is too cold, consequently freezing stuff up...
werd....i run nitrogen but they hada full size bagged getting off all fours on helium..... you can always do nitrogen and through in a take of helium every now and then for fun

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long will the helium last compared to nitrogen? what size bottles are available? price range for helium? what psi to regulate it to?

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
I run both and there is a BIG difference in speed, in CO He is $40 a fill on a k tank and N2 is $15 to fill on the same size tank. I can run 200psi on He and it still will be faster then N2 at 300psi

*edit I'm dumb

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Oh yeah, if you're gonna run He, I'd keep it regulated down to 130 or 140 so you can have some adjustability, with N2 it doesn't matter cuz it flows just like compressed air. He is a smaller particle, hence the reason it flows faster.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i have a 125 cu ft bottle i run co2 because im in so cal and it never freezez and its 14 bux to fill it every 3 weeks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is too cold of a temperature to run Co2 (i mean outside wather temp) Im here in New Orleans and it doesnt freeze but it gets into the 30's some times. but i would run my regular air on those days if needed.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
its gets to the 30's here where i live its like 35 right now at 10 at night i dont have any problems

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i have 3/8 everything... right now i have parker hose but im switching to parker dot line so i can be legal... i havent had any problems with the hose. i have 3/8 aim valves and they are sweet i got em at a local shop and they have been really good valves. especially for 30 bux a piece. um off my bottle i have 1/2 dot line. is it mostly hot in lousiana? i dont think youd have any props with it. my regulator is also a nitrogen regulator so i could run either. i just use co2 because its cheap and because i can take out my bottle and hook it up to my welder.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its usually hot here and humid the only times it is cool is every once and a while it gets in the 20's and 30's but the highs are ,ostly 50's and 60's and the summer is even hotter and 100% humidity. Im gonna give it a shot and see. Only damage i can do is blow stuff up LOL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
you wouldnt blow anything up... your valves would freeze depending on where they are located.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Valves for the front are under the drivers seat inside the frame and the rears are under the back int he frame rails. Nothing is directly off of the tank. Im gonna run the CO2 hose into one of the ports on ym tank and set the regulator on the CO2 to 150psi and then see what happens.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I think helium will deteriate the bags if u leave it in there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts