S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please explain this to me. i know air bag set ups with an air compressor system pretty damn well, i just havent had this explained to me and havent found many articles on it in truck magizines. thanks!:thumbup:

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
What everyone is doing, is putting a nitrogen bottle in place of the compressor. The nitrogen feeds into the air tank and gives you a much quicker responce because of the pressure in the bottle. Instead of have a compressor fill your tank, you just change out the nitrogen tank when it is empty. This is good for shows but not economical on the street, unless you have a hook up for nitrogen. Hope this helps:thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1siks-10 said:
What everyone is doing, is putting a nitrogen bottle in place of the compressor. The nitrogen feeds into the air tank and gives you a much quicker responce because of the pressure in the bottle. Instead of have a compressor fill your tank, you just change out the nitrogen tank when it is empty. This is good for shows but not economical on the street, unless you have a hook up for nitrogen. Hope this helps:thumbup:

cool, thanks. i just didnt know what it was all about.:thumbup:

·
Bad Mother F***ER!
424 Posts
i know a guy who has a bodydropped suburben and he runs a compressed nitrogen system and he uses it for every day use. i think he said it is like 25 dollars to refill

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I ran nitro for a while, and its INSANE fast, but the $$ piles up to fast when its $20 to fill it back up.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
I run nitrogen for a daily driver.... I run at 100 psi daily and then for fun or shows i can put it up to 250psi....There are two places aroud here to get nitrogen. One is $17 and the other is $18 and the tanks are 2500-2200 fresh. Generally with normal driving i can last 2 to 21/2 weeks depending how much fooling around I do. Plus a bonus is no condensation in the lines which is good since I drive it daily in freezing temperatures. Also the speed as mentioned above. :p

·
'98 Sonoma
469 Posts
What size Nitrogen bottle is that? I was thinking of going to a bottle. My thought was to get a scuba bottle and just have them fill it with compressed air. I think they run those up to about the same pressure and it would be a smaller bottle to try to fit under my bed or something. I wonder how long it would last then and how much it would cost to fill and purchase. I have a compressor now but It gets kind of annoying and I want more speed and pressure but I don't want to spend more than another compressor would cost me, and I don't want an engine driven compressor robbing power, any thoughs?
Sorry to whore the thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts