S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like a little more go with my show. I have a STS intake, plan on getting a flowmaster muffler, maybe a header. I was wondering how much nitro I could run without reinforcing the block. I hear many things about nitro on an engine without the heavy duty materials, and about the bad things that happen. I was just wondering what I might be able to run on a pretty stock motor
thanks
bigman1:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
You will get a lot of different answers here...From what I understand, you can go 20HP per cylinder without going to forged internals. Taking that rule, you SHOULD be able to run a 75 shot safely.

BTW....nice post count POC...666....hehehe

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a "wet" shot? How hard would it be to install, and who should I go with? Will I have to adjust my timing and get new plugs?
bigman1

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
NOS makes a kit for the 2.2L S-10's.... just give them a call and they will give ya a part number for the kit...

Its only adjustable up to 75shot...

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
You will get a lot of different answers here...From what I understand, you can go 20HP per cylinder without going to forged internals. Taking that rule, you SHOULD be able to run a 75 shot safely.

BTW....nice post count POC...666....hehehe

is that true about the 20hp per cylinder? hmmmmmmmm 50 shot may be in my trucks footure then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but if you do not know what a wet shot is, you probably ought to study nitrous a LOT more. You can do SERIOUS, irreparable damage to your motor and trans if you do not set it up and operate it properly.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
HAHA I 1 said:
Not trying to be rude, but if you do not know what a wet shot is, you probably ought to study nitrous a LOT more. You can do SERIOUS, irreparable damage to your motor and trans if you do not set it up and operate it properly.
true..but there was a time I didn't know sqwat about it...and now I have it on my V8 truck...

Best advice I can give...is don't be stupid, and you'll be just fine!

run what is recommend for your truck and you won't hurt your truck.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
HAHA I 1 said:
Couldnt have said it better myself. Ask Ask Ask questions...Than when you think you know it, ask a few more....20 per is a good figure... Although that is dependent on a few other variables....I wouldnt run more than a 100 shot on my 4.3 without going inside. Nitrous, when used right, and more importantly tuned right is amazing...Ask 98SSonNOS, he's sharp as **** on the NOS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have a recomendation for a good NOS kit for a 2000 4.3?
My homie wants to sell me some off brand dry kit for 100 bucks...is it a good deal?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
What brand is it? I cant believe more than one person hasnt busted his balls for askin about "nitro". Nitro is what I run in my remote control monster truck. Thats what the motor runs on instead of gas. NITROUS is what you want. Not nitro. Nitro is nitromethane. Sorry, I just had to vent. I hate it when people call up and want nawws for there vehicle. I ask them what nawws is and tell them I dont sell nawws.:cs: :cs: :cs: :bash: :afro: Sorry.

·
pimpslappin midgets
52 Posts
nitro is actually a fuel used back in the 60's on the drag cars of that day. I have a friend who uses it in his vw drag beetle. It is a very violent fuel. From what i understand, this guy runs a 20:1 compression in his motor and runs 10.06 in th 1/4 naturally asperated but it takes close to 1/2 an hour just to cool it down enough to run again. He also replaces hi main and rod bearings every 7 run's (not by choice) Just my $.02

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
you can get the Venom nitrous kit for about $1200 and from what I have heard it is pretty failsafe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts