S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there is any way to disconect the night time sensor that automatically turns on head lights when its dark which is located on right frount speaker. thanks guys

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Yeah there is. Disconnect the plug from the back of it and insert I believe its a 1.5 - 1.6k resistor accross the plug. Dont hold me to the values but I believe thats them. Somewhere in here is a post with the correct values....

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Dropped_99 said:
how do you disconnect the plug, can you just pull the sensor out and the pull the plug andthats it?
actually, if you just pull the sensor your headlights will be on all the time, like it is nite time. so you need to install a resistor at the right resistance level to keep them thinking it is day lite all the time.:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
I have pics of this....somewhere...Ask Y2K xtreme...he did mine...
yup, it's simple...actually, for the 00-01's, i think it's 2.2k ohm, 1/2 watt....and yes, you MUST put resistor in, to close the circuit, or as mightymouse said, your lights will be on all the time. it's very simple to do, takes about 2 minutes (if you have the right screwdriver to get the speaker grill off)

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Dropped_99 said:
how do you disconnect the plug, can you just pull the sensor out and the pull the plug andthats it?
under passenger side speakergrill, is the plug for the sensor. the sensor is the ball on top of the grill. just remove the grill, disconnect the plug, install the resistor, and i recommend a zip tie to hold the one end down..then just re-install the grill...and you're done:D:D

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
A H L."s...............!

:thumbup:
Mine dont work any more........!
2.2 K Ohm........ 1/2 Watt
did the trick for my 2000X..!:thumbup:
.........................................................!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would assume you could also take a pot. and turn it until they turned off. Might be a little big though, I don't know how much space you have.

DogP

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i did it, i put in the 2.2 1/2 watt, and it works, it probably would work on all from 98 up, i also pulled the fuse for the drl and bent pin 86 to turn them off. i did all this because i got those strobes in my lights they look tight when they are turned on and i ran the wire through the dash and build a custom switch, no wires are showing, it looks tight

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a 2.2 K Ohm resistor and it disabled the auto lights on my '99 Sonoma.

·
The White
296 Posts
so it was probably not a good idea to paint that little nub in the right front speaker then if it is a light sensor right ??

·
Sportin' the Black and Red
45 Posts
I am a dumbass, I accidentally cut the wire and my lights r on all the time. I guess I have to solder the wires back or is there any fuse I could pull? I know the dome light trick but I need a permanent solution.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts