S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 regular cab and i have a question about subs iv eseen alot about subs which do u think would work best 1 good ten ported, 2 sealed tens, or 2 ported 8s. i would really liek to keep the jack and everything so what woudl yall say im leanin towards one ten ported but i need to get some ideas on a nice ten that will thump

·
Ap0lio
181 Posts
1 10 isnt gonna sound THAT great.... i have 2 10's and thier pretty decent for now till i upgrade...IMO id say take the jackout, make a aluminum box for it in the bed or under the frame near the tire... and 10" s sound best sealed

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
the way a speaker sounds has more to do with the alignment of the box than whether or not its sealed or ported. i just put 4 8 inch re's in a buddy's std cab and they do really well for 8's. i had to cut out the jack though.....whats is the kind of budget you are working with?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got a reg cab too, and I am pushing 1 10" RF HX sub in a sealed box. I did however move the jack since I like a little room behind the seat for stuff. If you want some pics PM me.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
zachmartin83 said:
id get just 1 ten solo baric i heard they hit hard but i heard there only good for screwed and chopped songs because theyre not so fast
No offense, but that a totally inaccurate statement, please refrain from giving out misinformation like this so as to not to make yourself look like an idiot!
It goes like this

good speaker + bad box design = bad sound
bad speaker + bad box design =horrible sound

and vice versa

bad speaker + good box design = decent sound
good speaker + good box design = great sound

note this doesn't include amp power or quality. I recommend either 2 RE8s ported or 2 RE10s sealed. I would go with the 10s since they will fit even with the jack in there and will sound great in the correct box and if you want more output then you can remove the jack and make a bigger box for them that is ported and will get loud for only need 400 watts or less.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
zachmartin83 said:
prolly 300 or under for both subs i heard RE was good but like around here there hard to get
Well there's another option. Considering you would be going with RE's RE line (the SE's are their next sub up from the RE, but a bit out of your budget) which only cost about $60 each, you could do an array of four 8's. That's actually pretty popular. You would order RE products directly from RE. Call them for any questions or placing an order, their phone number is on their webpage, which is www.reaudio.com

Good luck.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
truckramrod said:
No offense, but that a totally inaccurate statement, please refrain from giving out misinformation like this so as to not to make yourself look like an idiot!
It goes like this

good speaker + bad box design = bad sound
bad speaker + bad box design =horrible sound

and vice versa

bad speaker + good box design = decent sound
good speaker + good box design = great sound

note this doesn't include amp power or quality. I recommend either 2 RE8s ported or 2 RE10s sealed. I would go with the 10s since they will fit even with the jack in there and will sound great in the correct box and if you want more output then you can remove the jack and make a bigger box for them that is ported and will get loud for only need 400 watts or less.
i wasnt saying that they do but somebody kept tellin me they only work for those kinds of songs but i dont know alot about car audio i was just saying what he told me i just know from what ive heard they put out alot of bass, and what is about the average maximum mounting depth for a ten to fit behind the seat without losing that many clicks

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
You want less than 5 inches anything more than 5.5 inches you will lose a click or 2.
I understand I am not yelling at you man, but I advise you to never truly listen to that guy again because he isn't as smart as he thinks.
The solobarics do have good output though.
One thing you have to remember: There is no best speaker ever, but there will be the speaker that best fits your needs and that is what you should always get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts