S-10 Forum banner

Newest tool for body dropping: Fire extinguisher!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  enginuite 
#1 · (Edited)
Damn that sucked, today I was trying to finish up my firewall and I was welding right under where the gas pedal goes (had to make room for it so I can still get full throttle) and I had just finished the lower part of what I was welding in, and all I hear was a click, well I went inside to get something to snack on, when I came outside I noticed a flicker, well I looked inside of my truck and noticed a flame, I tried to blow it out at first but it didnt go out, so I ran and got my dog's bowl of water and splashed it on it (its burning from bellow and my truck was fully laid out), when that didnt work I ran and got more water which also didnt work I tried 3 fire extinguishers which none of them worked, luckily my step-mom had filled up a bucket of water and I threw it on it from the engine compartment which put it out. Man was I going crazy, to think that my baby was burning while I was running back and forth was just plain scary, I ended up burning through my speedometer cable, clutch hose (the one that runs from the master to slave) and two wires that more then likely control my back lights. So because I didnt have a working fire extinguisher I'm gonna have to spend a little bit more money and time to get my truck back on the road.

To everyone else doing a body drop or any other kind of welding, be carefull, unless your truck is brand new there is stuff like motor oil, transmission fluid, grease and or gas under your truck, so please take the extra precaution so you dont end up loosing your truck.......:bawl:

See less See more
#3 ·
damn that sucks, my dad was just givin me shit lastnight for not have a extinguisher...I'm going to buy one today now. I caught my buddys truck on fire, it has a metal dash and we didn't realize the underside was cardboard but i got rid of that for him :D it was scary, we couldn't fiqure out where the smoke was comin from stuck my head under the dash to see flames lol

#5 ·
lol before I start back on it later I'm going to carry a big 5 gallon bucket of water out there, until I get an actual extinguisher, we are going to get ours serviced because there is no telling of when we may need one....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.