S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I ever hear about is the 0411 pcm swap (0411 is the last 4 numbers in the SERV. NO. on the PCM)on our trucks. I believe we s-series 4.3 nuts got the idea from the V8 Vortec guys. From what I understand the v8 Vortec guys need to use the 0411 because they is only one vehicle that uses that PCM with a V8 that has a distributor (which is a van). All other are like the LS1 and have a coil per cylinder. Now this is what I'm understanding....I'm not sure how accurate I am and if I'm getting it right...

For us it seems that after 2001 the S-series with the 4.3 actually used PCM with 3 different SERV. NO., the 0411, 6106 and the 6243. EDIT: I just realized there is a 1565 too...

I want to know if anybody knows of a reason I can't use a 6106 PCM out of an s-series 4.3 in my 98 jimmy 4.3 instead if a 0411?

·
S-series abuser
694 Posts
Cant really answer your question but the 0411pcm has alot of support which could/is an advantage. For instance not all pcm's have real time tuning support thru hptuners. I know the 0411 pcm does.

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant really answer your question but the 0411pcm has alot of support which could/is an advantage. For instance not all pcm's have real time tuning support thru hptuners. I know the 0411 pcm does.
The PCM's I'm asking about are all newer then the 0411 and all come in s-series 4.3 trucks. Like the 6106 and 1565 are in truck from 2003-2004. The 6243 was in the 05 Blazers I believe.

My truck is an 01 sonoma 4.3. How do I find out which computer I have? Maybe it's not even an 0411 that I'm using. Maybe that's why I have to use the beta version of hp. I initially got an invalid vin/os error.
I always thought the reason was because you were running the 2bar OS.

If these PCMs were used in 4.3 s-series I don't see why you couldn't use them. The only problem might be if GM made like a distributorless 4.3 or something and the PCM I had came out of it and the was no model that had a 4.3 with a distributer and that serv. no. PCM.

One thing I have to figure out is if the pins on a 0411 is the same as the 6106.

The 6106 is the pcm I am getting my hands on. It's free so that's why I wanna know if I can use it. I also got a good buddy that's a GM tech and says he going to see if he can't set it up with a stock 4.3L tune and put my vin in it.

·
I didn't build it for you
3,559 Posts
Like the 6106 and 1565 are in truck from 2003-2004.
The pic above is from an '03. That is Mikz86ta's and the one in my '03 is an 0411 as well.
So if the 6106 and 1565 are in '03's, it isn't in all of them.

Are you sure the 6106 and 1565 didn't come in the later 01-10 Chevy Express / GMC Savana with 4.3's?

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pic above is from an '03. That is Mikz86ta's and the one in my '03 is an 0411 as well.
So if the 6106 and 1565 are in '03's, it isn't in all of them.

Are you sure the 6106 and 1565 didn't come in the later 01-10 Chevy Express / GMC Savana with 4.3's?
No I'm not sure. I do know that Xtreme80 (Shawn) has the 6106 in his 03. I was just going off of that and what part number pcms they have for certain years at rock auto. When I search 03-04 Blazers no 0411s popped up. I thought it was the same when searching 01s. So I assumed that's how it went. My mistake. Maybe it's true for the Blazer and not the truck? IDK. Either way I think I can use any of the pcms that came in an s s-series.. I haven't found anything that says I can't yet.

I have the pin outs for both a 0411 and a 6106 and need to compared them. Procrastination is stopping from finding out what the differences are in the pins....

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 0411 is a 512mb PCM with Red/Blue connectors. The 03+ PCMs are 1mb PCMs with Blue/Green connectors. I am NOT a GM tech, BUT---I think the 03+ S10s instrument clusters use serial data for their info that is supplied by the 1mb PCMs. I'm not sure the tach and speedo would work with the 03+ PCMs in an 02 and older S10. I'm also not sure that those other PCMs will have the IAC drivers in them, since most 03+ trucks are DBW and don't have an IAC. This is just a guess on my part---I'm really not sure.

Jeff

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 0411 is a 512mb PCM with Red/Blue connectors. The 03+ PCMs are 1mb PCMs with Blue/Green connectors. I am NOT a GM tech, BUT---I think the 03+ S10s instrument clusters use serial data for their info that is supplied by the 1mb PCMs. I'm not sure the tach and speedo would work with the 03+ PCMs in an 02 and older S10. I'm also not sure that those other PCMs will have the IAC drivers in them, since most 03+ trucks are DBW and don't have an IAC. This is just a guess on my part---I'm really not sure.

Jeff
Thanks, Thats something I'll look into.

So far I search to see if there is a IAC for a 03 Blazer and there is. The part number is also the same all the way back to 96. So I guess I'm good there right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
So far I search to see if there is a IAC for a 03 Blazer and there is. The part number is also the same all the way back to 96. So I guess I'm good there right?
HHMMM, I guess so.

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
there was a guy on one of the forums, i want to say it was an efi live forum.

he swapped the 0411 pcm for the newer blue green pcm and it was a straight swap no pin swapping or anything. i want to say it was a 2002 s10 also.

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there was a guy on one of the forums, i want to say it was an efi live forum.

he swapped the 0411 pcm for the newer blue green pcm and it was a straight swap no pin swapping or anything. i want to say it was a 2002 s10 also.
Good to know. If you can remember a thread or his screen name that'd be cool. I'll search and see if I can find something from him. Might be helpful.

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What advantages would there be over the 0411? Are you looking to remove the distributor eventually?
I'm just wondering about the 6106 because I'm getting one for free.

·
Dig Or Die=I Die
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You tell him..... :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.