S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headbang: Looks like a great site. I'm new here but this is my 3rd S-Series truck (87 S-10, 95 Blazer 4door, 01 Jimmy 2door). I'm currently in the middle of some mods for my Jimmy (Pulleys, intake, MSD blaster coil, ACCEL 8.8mm Wires, and MSD 6A box). Hope to have some pics up soon. I'm doing these mods for the purpose of making my Jimmy a decent street machine without sacrificing drivablity. One of my questions is about exhaust, I want a cat-back setup that gives me some decent power and at the same time makes the mellow sound that cause people to pay attention as I drive by, but not loud enough to sound like I'm running glasspacks. Any Suggestions?:dunno:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
welcome to the forum...have a nice stay:thumbup:

in my sig..you can see what and how i have my exhaust ran.. if u want a wav. file of it just e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Welcome, and all I can say about exhaust is that my Flowmaster 40 turndown sounds pretty good and is not too loud. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far. Here's another question. I bought this back in September and am just now working on some performance mods. I'm coming up on 40K miles which means new tires. Since this is a stock Jimmy it's ride height is pretty high especially for 2WD. I've noticed alot of posts about dropping these trucks and I know that it helps with stability to some extent but I also like my altitude right now. It seems rather fun to me to not only to outrun a Civic but also run it over while I'm at it (Speed Bump!):whip: So what's better jacking it up or slamming it?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
If it was 4WD, I'd say lift it. Since it's 2WD though, you GOTTA slam that f*cker!! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even my wife agrees. She hates climbing up into the Jimmy. So SLAMMIT! I'm checking some tires and wheels for it, once I have that figured out I'll ask how low to go with it. Thanks!!!!!!!:guitar:

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
welcome to the forum. have fun while you are here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Blk-Xtreme. Have you got any pics on your intake? And how was it built?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
flamedss said:
i buchered up some mac mufflers that were for a mustang gt and put them on my ss and it sounds awesome
Ok, this interests me. Got any more details? My friend put Mac mufflers on his Cobra and it sounds BADASS!!

·
LICK MY SS
48 Posts
well first i ordered them for my truck and i got them in for a mustang so i had a muffler buddy strech some pipe and weld them on the muffler and then weld them on my truck and then dumped 3in exhaust out the rearend

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got another question. What is that MAF screen for on the intake? I removed it this evening and am going to see if it makes an improvement on my truck. But it seems to serve no purpose. Any clues?:beer:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey I made the mods on my intake last weekend and it ROCKS!!!!!!:headbang: It's amazing how restrictive the stock intake is. I removed the MAF screen, gutted the Air intake box and dropped in a K&N air filter. Next weekend is the ignition. Speed never kills!!!!:sheep:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts