S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bull
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a very dumb question but I need to know. Did chevy make a 350 CPI? I was wonding because all i see in the foums is 350 TPI and I have a 1994 S-10 Blazer 4.3CPI and im looking to put in a 350. If Chevy doesen't have a 350 CPI whats involved in converting a 4.3 CPI to a 5.7 TPI?

-Jimmy-

·
Big Engine, Little Truck
639 Posts
CPI (Central Port Injection) would be the same as TBI (Throttle Body Injection- basically a centrally located fuel-injector, air-meter that kind of looked like an electronic carb). Yes, Chevy did use it, primarily on full-size trucks/vans, but also on older 2.8l V-6's and the earlier 4.3's in the S-10's. Basically any fuel-injected engine that still uses a big, round air cleaner assembly utilizes a throttle-body, as oppossed to port injection, which injects fuel/air into each cylinder via individual injectors. Hope that helped.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Actually, the 4.3 CPI was that spider looking intake manifold that had the throttle body molded in to the intake (No big air cleaner on top). Is that what your engine is? It says Vrotec across the top of it?
That is a CPI system, it has a single injector inside the intake vs. TBI which still looks a lot like a carb setup.
There is no comparable V8 engine to the V6 CPI, the CPI was so bad they only existed for 2 years, then they made the V6 CSFI system on the '96-up trucks which is what people are swapping out so easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts