S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 97 s10 ss , summit white with the red bows an ss. Question, it's had additions to the front bumper and hood but that's not it. I've read several places that the 4.3l vortec v6 only came in automatic but read also else where at a trustworthy source that it was optional for a 5 speed as well. Which is what I have. My cousin ran the Vin ( he owns a body shop and car dealership ) and said it was a true ss. Also I was wondering if it would be better to replace the rims with true s10 ss rims. Because they had also changed the rims or perhaps suggest something else. Also one last question. What all can I do to improve the horsepower without dropping a v6 in it for around 1500 to 2000? Thanks for all the help in advance.

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,623 Posts
Sorry…but you've been duped….no SS's came with a 5 speed. check your glovebox RPO code for B4U…it's not there. As for the hp…not a lot can be done due to the nature of the beast. I guess you could put a 'charger on it, but that will probably blow your budget out of the water. There are a multitude of mods being done to various components…some guys think they're great, but the butt dyne in not very accurate. A cpm tune is probably your best bet.

·
Passwordistaco
5,877 Posts
^ correct. GM never made a SS with a 5-speed. Does that mean someone couldn't have added a 5-speed at a later time? No. Check the glovebox like Rhotpursuit said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts