S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Andy, live in Indy, student at I.U., and was recommended to this site by a friend. I have a 2000 Bravada Platinum, white/tan, 60K miles, very clean, nothing done to it yet. My friend told me that you guys would be very helpful for my questions that I posted on a different forum. This summer I'm wanting to buy some performance stuff for my car. I have looked into throttle body spacers, underdrive pulleys, cold air intake, and some other things, but I want to get some parts that really add horsepower. I'm not looking to put a blower or anything like that on, though because I dont have 4 or 5 grand laying around for one. I'd like to get about 250+ horsepower with some boltons and cam work....Is that possible? What do you guys recommend for upgrades on my car? Is it worth it to get the basic bolt ons? How much horsepower can I expect out of them? I'm looking to spend around 2 to 2500 dollars, so whatever I can get between that to get around 250+ horse would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
for $2500 u could have urself a wynjammer or powerdyne supercharger. bolt ons will be tought to get 250 hp

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Throttle body spacers are usless on your truck.

A cam will give some good gains. Your truck is fairly heavy though, so this may limit how wild you can go in this respect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it definietly feels heavy...what do you think I should do then because I dont want to buy parts that will be useless?

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
A stall converter is a torque converter. If you change to a cam that makes more power higher in the rpm band you would want to get into the higher rpm's faster. So, you install a higher stall(looser) torque converter. Torque converters also mutiply torque, and usualy the aftermarket ones are lighter, allowing more of the engine's power to accelerate the vehicle instead of accelerating itself.

Stall can be explained like this. If you put the brake in, and give it gas, and take an rpm reading. The highest you can get the rpm's without spinning the tires would be a measure of stall speed. Now, put a higher stall on, and you will get the rpm's higher than with the stocker.

I am making the assumption that you have an automatic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have an automatic....will the stall converter tear up my transmission or what would I need to do if i installed a stall converter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts